Joker x deaf reader. part 8?

The ride back to Y/N's house was mostly silent, with J talking occasionally. She looked so depressed, slightly shaking and sadly staring at her lap so J decided to tell her some funny stories.

"So then this guy, this hostage, got up and tried to attack me! With a pen! So naturally I grabbed the pen and gouged the guy's eyes out. Oh, you should've been there, it was hilarious." He wiped a tear from his eye, chuckling softly. He looked over to Y/N to see her reaction only to find her staring at her lap. Without thinking he reached up and grabbed a lock of her hair and tugged. She looked at him, her eyes wide.

"What?"

"What did you think?"

"What?" J rolled his eyes, remembering she was deaf.

"Never mind."

They got to the house and J opened the door for her, dramatically extending his arm. Once she was inside she turned around to shut her door, only to find him entering her house as well.

"What are you doing?" She sighed, just wanting him to leave so she could cry herself to sleep.

"Can I have that drink now, doll?" He shut her door and saw her blinking, not really understanding why he's staying.

"Um, are-are you staying?"

"For a bit. Can I get that drink?" Just wanting to get him out, she walked over to her fridge and opened it before looking back at him.

"What do you want? I have, kool-aid, Capri Sun, apple juice-"

"Do you got any wine?" Y/N paused. He mouthed it again when she looked confused.

"Wine? Like, alcohol? Um, yes I think so." She opens a dusty cabinet and pulls out an ancient bottle of wine.

"I'm not sure if it's expired yet-" J laughs.

"What?"

"Nothing, doll. Something tells me it's not expired." He found her ignorance amusing. Taking the glass, he drank it while keeping his eyes on her. She obviously wasn't used to visitors, or maybe it was just him, because she had her hand clamped around her forearm, nervously glancing towards the side. He didn't want to leave on a bad note, wanting to see her smile before he left.

"Come sit, doc. Tell me about yourself."

"Huh?" She timidly sat beside him.

"So what's a pretty thing like you doing in Gotham? Were you always a psychiatrist?" He would have found this out by Frost sooner or later, but he wondered if she would tell him.

"I-uh, well, I actually worked with a group of people who would find historical artifacts. We would go so many places and just do all sorts of crazy things. We've been to thousands of years old temples and did all kinds of jobs." She smiled. J twirled the liquid around in his glass.

"So you worked with those types of people? That's interesting."

"I did them." His eyes went from the wine to her, and she choked on her drink. "I did the things, I mean. The jobs, the traveling, not the people." J looked at her in amusement.

"Surprising, what would happen if an avalanche was heading straight towards you?" Her lips quirked.

"Well that's why I brought others along. So they could warn me of the impending avalanche. And that is one of the reasons why it didn't last long." J smiled, surprising himself with how genuine it was. He put his glass down and cleared his throat. He stood up, offering her his hand. She hesitantly took it, and stood up as well.