Joker x deaf reader! Part 4

"So you really think I'm helping you?" Y'N hoped she didn't let excitement slip into her voice. She was currently sitting outside the Joker's glass cell, interviewing him. He laid on his bed and gave her a sweet smile.

"Y'know doc, I really feel like we have a connection..." She found herself blushing and stared at his lips for other reasons, daydreaming about them pressed against hers. She frowned at the confused look that suddenly flashed across his face. He looked at her and got up, leaning against the glass. Tapping on it a few times, he pointed down the hall, towards the elevator. She glanced over and her body froze as she noticed a little white light coming from the alarm. They're supposed to flash red. Her eyes widened as an emergency lock down door suddenly started to move, cutting her off from the elevator and leaving her stuck in a hallway full of Gotham's most dangerous criminals. She dropped her clipboard and began sprinting to the door, not making it as it closed right before she got to it. She banged on the door, trying to keep calm but failing.Her mind flashed back to her first meeting with Dr. Leland. She had informed her that the red light would always go off if there was an emergency, but apparently that wasn't the case. She had also said that the cell block containing the most dangerous criminals would close off and all their cells would open. Just thinking about it made her want to start screaming. And that she did as two hands wrapped around her. She felt someone's breath right in her ear. The hands lift her up and turn her around, facing her towards some very excited looking patients. Most of them were saying something but she wasn't paying attention, she was busy trying to bite the guy holding her. When she finally gets her teeth sunk into the guy's arm, she feels the vibrations of his yell through his chest. He throws her to the floor and she has time to look up and catch a glimpse of his face. It was Harvey Dent, AKA Two-Face. She barely has time to think before getting up and running towards a familiar mop of green hair. Without thinking about what she's doing, she launches herself into his arms, causing him to rock back on his heels in surprise.

J's POV:

J moved his hands as he talked, adding a little purr to his voice, though she couldn't hear it anyways.

"Y'know doc, I really feel like we have a connection." The sudden blare of the alarm cut him off, but this time it was different. There was no red light. He glanced over at Y/N, who frowned at him, completely oblivious to the alarm. Her face contorted from confusion to fear as she looked at where he pointed. She got up, dropping her clipboard and started sprinting towards the elevator. His eyebrows went up and he let out a satisfied little 'oh' as his door opened.

"That's neat." He said and looked up at the space his door receded into in wonder.

Unfortunately, everyone else's opened, and they rushed towards his doctor. He growled, startling a few and they backed off. Shoving his way through the crowd, he rocked back on his heels as his doc rushed into his arms.

"Well what do we have here?" She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. Only a few seconds later, she realized what she did and shoved herself away from him. She tried to put as much distance from herself and them as possible. J's eyes lit up when he found her clipboard. Picking it up, he read through it and put on exaggerated expressions.

"Really doc? Possible child abuse?" He shook his head disapprovingly. Then Two-Face shoved through the crowd and advanced towards Y/N.

"We can use her as leverage, they let us go, then we kill her. Until then, let's have some fun." The bite mark on his arm was bleeding, and J raised his eyebrows in approval. Anger seeped in as he contemplated Harvey's words.

"She's mine. I'll decide what we do with her." J glanced at Y/N, and gave her a little smile.

"Baby, come here." She wasn't looking at his lips, instead, her eyes looked at all the patients. She had a startled look on her face and her breathing was coming out in little pants. He growled and opened his arms, curling his fingers to indicate what he wanted her to do. Apparently her little clingy phase was over and she kept backing away. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.