Liam Hemswoth

Glancing at the watch on his wrist, Liam winced as he forced his body out of its comfortable position on the sofa. With each passing minute, you spent out of sight, his desire to attend this wedding decreased. As he sat up, Liam combed his fingers through his hair.

"It's five, YN," he called. "You almost ready?"

"No! Stop asking me that. If I was ready I'd come out!"

Twenty-five years of friendship has allowed Liam to become immune to your mood swings. Cutting off the television, he tossed the remote aside before relaxing back against the cushions.

"I'm just saying, we're gonna be late for the wedding you invited me to."

If you weren't focused solely on finding the best way to pin back your curls, you would have appreciated the softness of his voice.

"Change of plans, we're not going." Tossing the bobby pin in your mouth aside, you released a deep breath.

"What?" Liam released a light chuckle as he double checked the time. He knew he had about five minutes to get you out the door, and into the car, if you guys planned on being on time. "Are you telling me I got into this tux for no reason?"

Liam had planned on teasing you a bit more, but he found himself suppressing his words as you stopped in the doorway of the living room.

"I look ridiculously overdressed, don't I?"

It had only taken Liam ten minutes to slip into his navy blue tux and comb his hair into a decent enough appearance. After switching out three dresses, you finally settled on the first one. The yellow chiffon dress captured the light peeking through the window. His eyes trailed down, moving with the waves of fabric as you took a step back towards the bathroom.

"I think you look...fantastic..." Instinctively, your eyes roll as you turn and disappear out of sight.

"You're my best friend," you huff as you adjust one of the straps. "You're supposed to say that."

Liam can't help but chuckle at your reaction. Normally, he would point out you had chosen the dress he'dsuggested you go with in the first place. Instead, he gets up before starting after you. "What? I'm serious. You look good, y/n. I might have to fight a couple of men off tonight."

"Shut up."

Picking up the previously disregarded bobby pin, you concentrate on your reflection before gathering your hair. Liam stopped in the doorway, pausing for a moment to take in your reflection. You haven't actually said much to him upon your unannounced arrival to his house. "I need you to take me to the wedding, Bobby flaked" was literally all he'd gotten before you'd holed yourself up in his bathroom for an hour He knew part of it had to do with the fact the day was almost over. He was set to leave for his press junket in the morning, and saying goodbye to your best friend was always hard. The furrow of your brow brought a soft smile to his lips. Your intention wasn't to become perfect. Unlike him, you weren't too focused on others opinions. You just wanted the night to go perfectly.

"It doesn't matter," he sighed as he stepped into the tiny bathroom. "I'm making the decision for you."

"Oh really?"

Nodding, Liam gathered a few loose strands for you before reaching down to your zipper. Tugging against the zipper, he guided it into place, at the center of your shoulder blades, before stopping to place a kiss against your cheek.

"You're not changing because you look great. Besides, I'm not going to let you blame me if we end up being late."

"We're not going to be late," you assure him. "I'm almost done. Oh yeah, and Liam, try and blend in, will ya?"