Joker x deaf reader! part 6

J chuckled in his cell. He had gotten under her skin so easily, it made him want to laugh. He denied that the giddiness he felt when he was about to go to her sessions was him actually feeling something towards her. A guard opened his door and went to cuff him. J heard another patient screaming in one of his neighboring cells.

"I'll have what she's having." J giggled as the guard told him to shut up. He continued to sing all the way to Y/N's office, where they were having their meeting today, and he smirks as he notices how nervous she looks. She smiles at him and gives him a confused glance.

"You know that song, doc? Oh wait." He giggles. She narrows her eyes and looks away. He often jokes about her condition, and it's mildly annoying. When the guard left she sends one last nervous glance at the door before looking at J.

"So, it's tonight? Can you tell me what I need to do again?" J rolls his eyes before answering.

"Relax. All you have to do is leave the door open. Then wait in your office, I'll come get you.

"No one will get hurt, right?" J chuckled, causing her to scowl at him.

"I'm not letting you go just so you can hurt people."

"Just leave the door open, doc and you'll be fine." Y/N pressed the button to alert the guards, causing J to bare his teeth.

"I'll think about it."

"Doc." J said with a warning tone. She was already out the door.

.................

Y/N decided changing her mind at the last minute was a stupid thing to do. She knew she couldn't let J out without making sure he wouldn't hurt people. It's not like she was close with the other doctors, she just knew most of them had families. Maybe during a session they'll discuss how to get them out first. Y/N assured herself she could talk J out of this. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes when she felt a slight tremble in the floor. She furrowed her brows and peeked through the window of her office. When she saw the flashing of gunshots, her breath caught in her throat. They got him out. He would be pissed at her for not leaving the door open.

When a large figure approached her door, she shrunk in on herself. The man entered, wearing a suit and tie and she took note on how much larger he was than her.

"Miss L/N?" She gave a shaky nod, and he nodded to himself while turning around. She was left, confused. He came around the corner again, looking a bit irritated. Rolling his eyes, he motioned with his finger for her to follow. Every bone in her body told her not to. When he turned to find her not moving, he pointed a gun at her and grabbed her bicep. He forced her to walk in front of him. She could feel the barrel of the gun pressed against her head, and tears rolled down her cheeks when she saw that Arkham security was losing the fight.

The man led her to the shock therapy room, and before she could run his large hands wrapped around her waist. He lifted her up and slammed her back on the table, ignoring her kicking and screaming. When he got her strapped in he left, and she tried to look around to see if anyone could help her. Her heart stopped when J popped up right beside her, laughing as she screamed.

"Boo! Got you that time, didn't I?"

She looked at him as he shook his head in a disapproving manner.

"Really, doc? Did it seem like a smart idea to disobey me?" She could barely make out what he was saying from this angle.

"W-what? I-I didn't want anyone to get hurt-I just-" Her breath hitched when he suddenly cupped her head.