Chapter 24

Your P.O.V

A feeling of dread lingers in the pit of my stomach, yet I swallow my fear and keep my expression stoic, 'Can't let them see my fear.' Glancing to the corner of my eye, I see the Jaeger kid with a look of anger in his eyes, unable to determine whether the fury is towards the beasts, or myself. I just shake it off, got bigger things to deal with... Literally.

The hooves of the horse patters forwards, smashing against the ground as it transfers from a trot into a full blown gallop. I find the sound so soothing, it makes me feel stronger, like I can take down all the titans, I'm not sure why it has this effect on me but I'm not complaining.

As we leave the walls, I am truly amazed. Nothing but green grass and big ass trees in the distance; I never realised how beautiful the outside world could be. Don't get me wrong, I read about it in those books, the ones that I found in our basement, but no words could even begin to describe this view in all its glory. It well and truly takes my breathe away. My (e/c) eyes wide and mouth hung open slightly, I let a long breath out, one of those that turns into a little laugh and smile slightly. Admiring the exquisite surroundings, after all, for all I know this could be the last sight I see. I'm guessing that Eren noticed my joy as I see from the corner of my eye, his grinning face. I can't help but blush out of embarrassment, "Stop staring at me you idiot." I snap, looking straight ahead. I hear him laugh slightly, and see him shake his head "Beautiful isn't it? More than I ever imagined." he sighs, joy lighting up his face as he awaits my reply. "Yeah. It is." I return bluntly, yet it seems as if the whole world is going in slow motion; each stomp of the horse's hoof, each titan footstep, each scream when a creature appears, all in slow motion. Everything just a blur, the only thing in focus is him. My only friend. That one person who has put up with my stubborn ways since childhood.

'His dazzling eyes that are so deep, that I'm afraid if I dive in, I'll never come back up for air. That complete and utter determination that bubbles within him, pouring out and inspiring all those he greets. That perfect smi-' wait, what am I thinking? I scold myself, not allowing a thing as insignificant as emotions take over. 'Snap out of it.' I focus my mind once more, not allowing my thoughts to waver from the goal in mind. 'He's just the same old infuriating Eren Jaeger. Nothing more. Nothing less.'

Pounding their hooves, the horses keep on galloping, not once stopping. The scouts all split off to their assigned positions, I, even though Hanji is my 'mentor', am assigned to stay with Levi's squad. This fills me with glee now that I have my memories of him back; now I can keep him safe... Both Levi and Eren. So, as each teammate glides off into their position in the formation, Levi squad carries on forwards. Petra upfront Levi at the back, and everyone else in between.

I glance to my right to the chocolate haired titan shifter, who has his teeth gritted and fists clenched tight; clear signs of his anger. Studying his face, I take in every detail until my eyes meet with his... I begin to feel dizzy... The whole world around me a blur... I try to shake it off... But no luck. I lean forward a bit, using the horse to balance myself, digging my fingers into its mane. A memory flashes in my mind, not clear enough to make anything out of it...

I feel small, like I'm in a child's body. A shaggy-furred brown dog running away from me. I scream his name, then a blood curdling screech leaves my lips... Black.

My brain clicks back to reality, my head still spinning yet I am able to regain my balance slightly. As I lift my head up, my top lip feels like a cool breeze is tickling it, forcing me to touch it with my finger tips. Pulling back my hand, crimson liquid dances across my skin, yet it doesn't seem to be normal... Or in other words... Completely human. The blood on my finger tips seems to have steam coming off it, and just like a titans blood, it begins to evaporate. "W-What?" I stutter, never removing my eyes from that sight. I stare in awe, this is truly a miracle in science. "Hanji is sure going to have a field day with this..."