Chapter 2

I'm running. I can't seem to get away. They follow me through every turn. The only thoughts I have are to push harder, run faster. The woods race past me on my journey. I see a wall ahead and I can't go through it or around it. I'm trapped. I turn and see red eyes.

I awake with a start. Gasping for air. I'm drenched in sweat. The nightmares are so frequent and they never make any sense. I turn to my alarm clock 3:45 am. Well no time like the present to get ready. I shut off the alarm and head to the bathroom. As I soak in the shower I think about the day ahead of me. What I'll have to do, how I have to act. I have always been good at being invisible. If I spend a few days observing how teenage boys act around each other I should be able to pass as one right. It won't be that hard. I climb out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I wipe the mirror and stare at my reflection. You can do this. You got this Sang. Sam... come on you can do this Sam. You haven't even started the day and you don't know your own name. Be quiet you I growl at my subconscious. She can be a witch, but she is right. I got this, let's start getting ready.

After a hour and a half of getting ready I head down the stairs. I choose black jeans, a black graphic tee and a dark blue button up rolled at the elbows for the day. I used some gel and I ran it through the top of my hair. It's sticking up in all directions. It's an organized crazy. I start making breakfast, eggs and bacon for Marie, my father and me. I grab a yogurt and a apple for my mother. As I turn to run upstairs and give my mother her breakfast my father enters the kitchen. He takes one look at my attire and shakes his head. He grabs his plate sits and digs in. I run upstairs and place the food on my mothers bedside table. I take a look at her before I head out. Her brown hair is greasy and is falling in her face. She looks gray and pale. I think she has lost some weight. As her breath stutters I turn and quietly tiptoe out of her room. I know how much rest she needs and I don't want to get caught and punished for nothing. I sit next to Marie and my father while they eat and I start on my food.

"You guys ready to go. We need to get to the school early to get you both registered. I'm going to take you in, sign the forms and then I need to go to work. You guys can take the bus home or walk. The school is only two miles away so the choice is yours."

Marie and I both nod and put our empty plates in the dishwasher. I run upstairs and grab my dark blue messenger bag and head out the door. I climb into the back of my fathers sedan. We wait for Marie then we head out.

When we pull up to the school I am shocked. There are fifteen to twenty trailers that I can see through out the property and the school is massive. I wonder how many students go here. Marie cuts off my thoughts "I do not want to go to class in a trailer," she scoffs. I for one have to agree with her. Our father finds a spot in the back since he wants to get out faster. We head into the school and meet with the secretary.

" Marie Sorenson you are meeting with Mr. Fitz for your schedule. Take this to him in and he will set you up. Sam Sorenson you are to meet with Doctor Green. Both of you need to go down the hallway to the left. Fitz is on the right second door and Green is on the left first door."

We take our papers and look to our father. He signs some paperwork and gives the secretary a nod as we leave the office. He smiles at us and turns to leave. Jerk no bye kids love you have a good day. Seriously. I turn to Marie who rolls her eyes, glares at me and heads to her councilors office. I follow behind with my head down and knock on Doctor Greens door.

"Enter" I hear a strong but kind masculine voice say. As I push open the door I trip and fall straight into a wall. Well I hope it's a wall, especially since is warm and moving oh god this isn't a wall. It smells like ginger. Yep this is a man. Great!

"Hello there, are you alright?" I slowly tip my head up in mortification to see a pair of playful deep green eyes. Dear sweet heaven. Looking at the man in front of me he can't be older than nineteen. Didn't the secretary say his name was Dr. Green. If he's a doctor I'm the president of the USA.