Chapter 22

We pull up into Kota's drive and my stomach is a inferno of nerves, god I just wanna puke. Luke winks and pats my shoulder before he hops out. Silas says something to North in Greek and North just grunts at him. As he climbs out I contemplate the likelihood of a safe escape, but then no pool party and hey now my parents are gone. Groaning internally I suck it up and accept whatever fate awaits me.

Doom we are all doomed, wow dramatic much. I watch the guys walk inside, Kota, Victor and Mr. Blackbourne's cars pull up. As they get out I stare at Mr. Blackbourne, that sneaky bastard!

"Hey!" I shout as I get out of  the car, "I didn't see you all day and now that I'm looking at you I realized you bailed on the dare!"

I point a accusing finger in his direction, his damn perfect eyebrow raises slightly and I see amusement on his face.

"I think the rules of truth or dare state if you bail or don't complete a dare then a appropriate punishment takes place."

I have no clue where this brashness is coming from but I need a outlet for everything that has happened this week.

"You Mr. Perfection are going to wear some form of pink for the remainder of the weekend. Pink won't take away from the perfection you are and aim for so suck it up buttercup. Starting now, You will go into Kota's and when I get done with North I expect to see you in some pink. Gabe will you take care of this."

Gabe grins and rubs his hands together evilly,

"He's right Mr. B you broke the dare code."

Sean is laughing hysterically and whenever he catches my eye he starts up louder than before. I give a short nod of my head and turn before Mr. Blackbourne can talk, looking at the other I see shock and amusement on their faces from my outburst. I blush as I climb back into North's jeep. Looking shyly at North I see him trying to hold in his chuckles, he is failing miserably.

"You are something else Sam that's for sure."

He puts the car in drive and heads out, we drive for about fifteen minutes in silence and I contemplate what's about to happen. We pull up to a beach, I turn and raise a brow at North. He just shrugs and gets out, I follow intrigued as to what's my fate.

We walk to the edge of the shore where sand meets water, North rolls up his pants to his knees. Slowly and calmly he takes off his shoes and socks, I follow suit and stare out at the beauty of the ocean.

"In Greece the water is so clear and blue you can see through it. Silas and I use to go to the ports down there and do any kind of work so we could spend a few minutes on a boat. We were able to find a old beat up little two seater. It had a small sail that was torn when we found it, we spent a month sanding it down, painting and fixing it up. I used the good table cloth we had not knowing any better."

I look over and see a lightness to his eyes that's never been present before. His features have softened and he looks like a care free teenage not the normal uptight broody North.

He sighs and stares longingly at the water, "My mother died in child birth. Luke is my half brother, I won't share his story but his father and mine are the same. We are only six months apart."

He snorts and rolls his eyes, "He's older if you believe it."

His smile grows fond again, "When I came here I didn't talk to anyone for months. I wasn't in great shape. Lets just say I was in a very bad place emotionally, mentally and physically. Luke constantly tried to talk to me, he dragged me around to hang with Kota and the guys. Silas came down a couple months after I did and even then I rarely talked and if I did it was only in Greek. One day Luke was waving his hands and talking at the same time. He learned sign language for me, he wanted so desperately to have a brother and to communicate with me that he went out and learned sign language. I love that idiot."