Chapter 14

"Who are you," I ask the masked stranger who just so happens to be pointing a gun in my direction. I discreetly touch the phone in my front pocket and push on it over and over again hopefully on one of the guys redlines, I don't know which one but I hope it went through.

His head faces the road as he drives like a bat out of hell, "We are not exchanging names or pleasantries for now. Here is what you need to know, the people you are hanging around with are dangerous. The academy isn't what it seems and if you stay by them I won't hesitate to take you down with them. I am warning you Sam Sorenson, stay away from the Blackbourne team and the academy. They are all going to go down in flames! It's a corrupt organization that doesn't follow their own rules. They have hurt others and even killed to get their jobs done. They have no care for anyone's life and they will destroy you." His voice has been altered some way he almost sounds like a computer.

Who the hell does he think he is storming in here all do what I say and acting like a douche! He kidnapped us at gun point and is telling us our boys are bad, girl you better claw his eyes out or something.

"How can I trust you, you just storm in and make me get in a car with you on the threat of getting shot. Then you spout off crap and tell me no facts and have no proof of what you say. I'm not going to listen to a nut and if you want to shoot me just do it my life already sucks no one would care if I was gone." Except the guys, maybe. I try to pull off brave and uncaring, maybe he'll let me go.

He pulls off by a lake and parks the car, "I can get you the proof you seek. I will give you a week and if you aren't done with them by then your fate is sealed. Now get out." He practically throws me from his car and drives off, what the hell how am I going to get home where am I.

The phone!!! I grab it and look to see I redlined Mr. Blackbourne, "Mr. Blackbourne, sir are you still there?"

"I am here Mr. Sorenson, I understand today has been very trying and you are to your limit. Dr. Green and I will pick you up, I have a lock on your location from the redline. Sam I know you've been through a lot and We are both worried about what you have gone through today. We can talk about everything or I can just take you home and we will talk tomorrow. I would prefer you come with us though even if it's just to let us watch over you for a bit." I bite my lip and contemplate my options, I'm so rung out and just done for the day. My clock shows it's only 3 and I am not suppose to be home till 530 since I am suppose to stay at the school until 5.

"Mr. Blackbourne I am willing to go where ever you and Dr. Green decide since I am suppose to be in your office till five. My condition to going with you is I don't have to talk about anything and I can just relax and do the homework the others picked up for me."

There is silence on the other end of the line, "Pookie we'll take you to the school and our office, I'll talk with the boys about giving you the space you need for today. Owen and I will stay with you and take you home after. But Sam don't leave them hanging for too long, we understand you need your space and time to think. The boys are trying and I know most of them won't be patient in waiting and will contact you soon."

I start nodding and then realize they can't see me, "ok," I whisper it out and I know I sound weak. I can't do this anymore today. The adrenaline from the day leaves my body and I start to shake, I'm also freezing I think I'm going into shock. My head starts to throb and I start to see spots. I close my eyes to try and regain my strength, I hear gravel under tires and two doors opening and closing.

Swaying slightly I hear Dr. Green, "Owen he has to be in shock, God we haven't fed him today. He's too skinny and we forgot to feed him with the bomb threat. He might pass out, we need to get him to the office so I can give him a power bar and some Gatorade."