~Chapter 7~

[Roman]

*~*~*

Happiness tells a tale of ups;

Sadness tells a tale of downs;

Love. Tells both.

The anguish, the guilt, the agony

Of being in love.

Or the exhilaration, the adrenalin, the euphoria,

Of being in love.

It doesn't matter.

Because once you are in love;

You will take it all, for better or worse.

*~*~*

I don't know why. I don't understand nor do I have the knowledge of why I am currently sifting through my wardrobe for the best looking outfit I can find. And it's not limited to that, I tried to tie my hair up at least 30 different times to achieve the most effortless looking messy man bun. Doesn't sound very effortless to me.

For some reason, my bones are telling me to be attractive. Just for today. Doesn't matter if I dress up like a hobo to work or wear virtually nothing to the gym, I just want to look good for the day. And the problem with that is, I have no clothes that look remotely attractive and is able to protect me from the unforgiving breeze that has seemed to be around these days.

"Rommy! Hurry up! I wanna have cotton candy!" Paris whines in the living room of my apartment. She doesn't even live in the parents' house anymore because they are never around. It's always just a cycle of them leaving for 'business trips' and then leaving her in my apartment, and when they feel like coming back to daughter dearest they pick her up from school and invade my apartment, taking her belongings away without so much as a note. Sometimes it scares the shit out of me thinking about how my baby sister is just magically non-existent. Then I think of my parents and I sulk for a day or two.

"Alright let's go." I check if my breath smells, refraining from the onions in my omelet and the much needed coffee of the morning. Yellow teeth and bad breath is not on my list today, not that I'm going to be kissing anyone. I just need to not feel like a tray of scum.

I settled for jeans that show off my ass, and a deep V fitted shirt, and by jeans that show off my ass, I mean jeans that my ex boyfriend bought me and claimed that they looked great on me, only that they were tighter than a corset and cuts off my circulation. Good job Owen. I went as far as trimming my chest hair and snipping off split ends of my hair.

The way I am justifying this is to say that I have an interview with Skylar's boyfriend that afternoon, so it's important for me to stay somewhat presentable. But that won't last long until I go back to the messy, disorganized hobo look I sport every morning going to work. Got to maintain that wow factor, you know?

Or maybe this is all just a very comprehensive allusion that my brain is trying to make.  My brain isn't 100% on this yet, but my heart is already beating with purpose, and that is to impress Skylar. Boyfriend or not I just want to be something to him. Anything, really.

~

There are truck loads of people at the event, not just kids from the school could join, anyone with an invite or has a ticket from the invite can come. At least that's what I think, if it's not what it is then tough shit, I'm already here in all my suffocating leg glory.

Okay, here we go.

Paris gets guided off into a group of kids by a teacher, not Skylar though, still haven't seen him which I find odd, he's the class teacher, he should be the one guiding them. But for now, I can't do much but be careful not to step on little children because being tall is a chore and a half. "Go now. Have fun."