~Chapter 27~

[Ryland]

*~*~*

Words on a piece of paper don't mean anything,

It's the person that reads those words that put meaning to them.

It isn't a fact of could

Or couldn't;

It is a feeling of should

Or shouldn't.

The feeling is opinionated, no matter how objective a person is;

After all, 'feeling' does imply to be in touch with a conscience,

Only if, a conscience is present.

*~*~*

"Give me two seconds baby. I need to shave." Felix smears shaving cream all over his face, as if I would be upset if he didn't shave. I totally don't mind it, to be honest. There's very few people that can look good and without stubble, and I think Felix can do with both effortlessly. He's a very handsome man with a sexy rugged look when he has a beard, at the same time, he cleans up to be a sexy millionaire looking candidate. Get one that can do both they say. And I definitely did.

"We don't leave till an hour later Felix. You don't have to rush." I say hypocritically, I'm already in my suit with a tie and everything ready. Tonight is going to be a charity night that Aaron's company has set up, I'm invited because I am a shareholder on a very small scale, Aaron said it's more because he needs the company. Real tangible friendship that doesn't involve tits in his face and groping unsuspectingly through fancy clothes.

Agreeably, suits are the most uncomfortable article of clothing, knitted sweaters on bare skin just falling short behind. They constrict places that should be open, i.e. my airways and pelvis bone. The jacket is stiff, and the scratchy hems of my dress pants just always seem to make me frustrated. I was about to just turn up in smart casual, skinny jeans and whatever. But Skylar, Felix and dad all told me that this is an important event for one, and two, they just wanted to see me in a suit. Especially Felix, he said It gives me more curves. He thinks he can seduce me with a new style and cleanly shaven face. But... well there are no buts, he does look great in his own suit.

"Damn you look sexy baby. Even without your beanie and a thick ass book." Felix leans down to kiss me, wearing nothing at all. I'm not complaining. "Can you ring dad? He's supposed to meet with us downstairs." And I did just that, dad confirms that he is coming straight to our apartment before we all move off in one car. Skylar runs in with his tie slung around his neck.

"Mayday! Mayday! I tried to tie it but it doesn't work." Skylar looks a lot more like an English school kid in uniform than a 23 year old man in a suit, it fits him though, barely, and he doesn't seem to mind the clothing. A whiney Skylar is not a nice Skylar to deal with. "Help please! And why is Felix naked? You didn't do the thing again right?"

Skylar pokes my chest as I take his tie and do it up for him. "Stop talking before I blindfold you and tickle you till you cry." I conclude the double windsor knot with a flip of the tie to his nose, making him pout.

"What's up children! Papa Cook is in the fucking house!" Giving him the keys to the apartment was a bad mistake. He quickly walks into Felix and my room, his eyes flying to a naked Felix. "I see someone has good genetics both up and down." He winks. Why, why is this happening to me. Better question, why me of all people?

"Felix, put some clothes on. Dad, I live on the top floor but I still have neighbours. Skylar, Power Puff Girls rerun is on, go watch that." I pinch the bridge of my nose, I'm not embarrassed by my family, they just have a strange way of showing their love. I say that, but Felix is still his very unusual teddy bear self. It's quite unnerving at first, the Skylar accident has come and gone, it's almost a month after now. Today is February first and I shit you not, Felix has already been talking to me about a Valentines day date.