~Chapter 18~

[Felix]

*~*~*

Parallels.

Lines that never meet, but yet;

They converge.

Having a parallel means having a connection.

But how can one person connect with another;

When they never touch.

No matter the past, the present, the future.

The lines just don't touch.

*~*~*

"Hello, Sebastien?"

"Hey son." My heart flutters at the sound of that, it really does feel amazing. He knows all about my past or my records, but he treats me like his own child. "The kids coaxed me into walking all the way from home to the bookstore."

"So... you want me to come pick you up?"

"Well I have a coffee thing with Skylar's friend, Aaron Solomon, they said you should know him." I can hear sounds of agreement from the twins. Indeed I do know Aaron. Might still be slightly stuck up in my head, but he's a nice person at heart, I know that much. And he's good for my boss, I can't really say no to a less sarcastic and passive aggressive Roman. "He's coming over to the bookstore  for a coffee with me, and the kids say they are tired don't want to walk home after the whole ordeal so we need your car after the meeting."

I chuckle, an almost 50 year old man, living his dream with his kids while thinking about hot guys. He surely is something special, just like his offspring. One of which I am dating, the other I raised like a true mama hen. That does not sound appealing in the least. "I'll be there soon, just need to walk off the alcohol."

"Been drinking?" He asks concerned, I tell him it was with my boss, and I didn't drink much. Truth is, I used to drink excessively and underage, I abstained from it for years until Skylar's professor offered dinner with a bottle of wine and I had a glass or two, that's when I started to get back into it. Alcohol is more of a relief for me than a tool for stress and anxiety. I have boxing for that. "You be careful alright? I don't want you hurting yourself. If anything we can grab a cab."

"I'm fine, dad." I say mockingly, but smiling as it comes from my mouth, it sounded so nice. Maybe I'm a little obsessed over the father thing. My dad is a feral man, he favors what interests him in the mechanic business and never bats an eye at his children unless it's something that makes him happy, like a present or a school diploma.

"I like the sound of that." He chuckles, "Stay safe."

I had just parted with Roman, he said he's walking home since it's not far, while I was going to take the bus home. That's foiled since I have to walk off all the alcohol. It's only two beer's worth because Roman said he's not up for getting drunk. Neither am I to be honest, I know Skylar hates when I'm drunk. I made him upset a couple times in the past.

With what happened last time Ryland was drunk, I doubt he wants a recap of that either. I'll just stick to sobriety for a little while.

The freezing winter air and physical activity is enough for me get rid of the beer in my system, I hope at least, it's not a long drive but maneuvering a truck is serious business, especially when the roads are freezing over. I don't want to leave the Cooks waiting so I drive off the moment I reach the parking lot. Now that I think about it, I need to know where Sebastien lives. He's been staying with us for the past couple of days, but I don't think he's looking for a permanent stay. Even though I desperately hope for it, but I guess visits will have to do.