~Chapter 21~

[Skylar]

*~*~*

What you don't understand is I'll catch a grenade for you

Throw my head on a blade for you

I'll jump in front of a train for you

You know I'll do anything for you

Oh oh, I would go through all this pain

Take a bullet straight through my brain

Yes, I would die for you baby

But you won't do the same...

-- Grenade, Bruno Mars

*~*~*

It's been snowing like crazy ever since New Years day, I'm not joking when I say the snow on my walk from home to school almost covers my whole shoe. Granted I have tiny feet, but still, it's amazing how my shoe gets drowned in snow. Lucky that dad had bought me waterproof boots for Christmas, or else I would be frostbitten and all my little toes will freeze over. I like my little toes very much.

Today is going to be amazing though, my class is collaborating with the one next to us. I remember quite of a lot the kids have friends in that class so it will be nice to see them play with someone they know well. I always feel bad at the beginning of a year when kids don't know each other and they all stay really quiet.

I carry myself into the yard of the school, obviously covered in snow as well. It looks like fluffy clouds of diabetes... where did that come from? I wonder if I jumped in it if the snow will break my fall. Probably, definitely, not. I tried once and bruised my tailbone. Felix had to piggyback me home that day. At least I got a cup of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, Felix doesn't admit it, but he loves hot chocolate.

"Morning Skylar." Came a friendly voice, it's the lady at the front desk, Clara, she's the receptionist and librarian, very nice lady. Her husband is a baker, how cool is that?

"Morning Clara!" She smiles warmly as I take my scarf off and shaking off any snow that has taken refuge on my clothes and shoes. On the way to the staff room I greet more people, it's been almost a week since New Years but I still haven't seen all the teachers around, probably because my dad takes me out of work the instant I am done. I'm not complaining though, he's been shopping for his new town house that I have yet to see since it is being decorated right now.

This morning Felix has to drive his way over to a 'place' that is apparently 'top secret', something about Roman's business and not being allowed to say anything. Such a tease, I'm sure Ryland knows all about it. The spot is a bit further than normal so he wouldn't be able to get there in time if he drove me to work beforehand, so I had to walk here. Not a big deal though, the morning walk definitely woke me up a lot. Though, my lungs are burning quite a bit, I don't like it when the air tickles my airways, it feels strange.

"Hey Skylar." Mr. Bailey greets, his last name sounds like he's 5 millenniums old but he's only 30. And he has a cool first name, Alexander. So awesome. He's the one that I'm going to be collaborating today, he's always nice to me which makes my life easier, I know there are people that don't like me in this school. Especially some of the parents, they don't like Felix around, and by extension they don't like me.

Not our fault that Felix is awesome and he is nice enough to help out.

"Morning, Morning!" I cough while smiling, picking up the candy that I always have on my desk. There's a whole basket full, but I don't feel like there's enough variety. Everyone else thinks I am going to bribe children with these, but I just like candy, so do kids. It's probably really bad that I'm spending so much on candy, but as long as they are happy. I am too.