Process of Development

Intro:

These are some of the notes from very early development of the book, things have changed and tables have turned. Most of these ideas are inconsistent with the current themes and going-ons of the final product. The model used to represent them are not the same anymore and quite honestly, it's embarrassing to put this out there. My initial description of Skylar is laughable.

 My initial description of Skylar is laughable

First iteration of the idea:

I started the planning of the story in early November, and the idea was completely different. It would be named 'shadows' as it is centred around one half of a pair of twins. Their names would be Skylar and Ryland (that's the begging and end of similarities)

My plans were a two book series, one half being the younger twin who is a silent, sarcastic, intuitive (good with art and music) and introverted person who gets together with a club bouncer that is very similar to Roman's character mixed with Jameson from book 2 but I'm not going to give away too much because that'd be a MASSIVE spoiler.

My style was very lacking in personality and monotonous in that iteration, it didn't show who I am as an author and it had no characterisation to my writing style at all.

The dynamic and I guess 'niche' of the story would be the twins would look identical but one of them would be the bottom of a relationship and the other would be the top.

Ryland was portrayed to be the 'it boy' of their university. Sporty, outgoing, excitable and a little too perfect of a person. He would get together with a little man called Owen (again, names are recycled because I am about as creative as my non-existent pet dog.)

I scrapped this idea because it was quite honestly not what I wanted to write, and I needed to vent at the time because I was in a bad place. It didn't have the poems, it didn't have the one liners that make me shiver or cry. It was just a love story.

Other iterations of the idea:

'Single in Style' is the name of the second iteration, from there it bounces between the first and second versions, sometimes coercing into one thing, and that happened for another 2 or 3 versions.