~Chapter 8~

[Felix]

*~*~*

Purpose.

Some see it as God's grace, something the beings higher up have destined us to do.

Some see it as a life long wish to achieve.

Some see it as an opportunity to be the best version of themselves.

What comes of it –

After one has achieved their purpose?

Do they start a new one?

Do they have a new one?

Would it be bad to live purposeless?

To the boxer,

Even though his purpose has been fulfilled;

It doesn't mean there isn't room for it to grow.

Just like humans that inevitably, grow;

Purpose evolves too,

After all, the boxer's purpose;

Is a person.

*~*~*

"Thanks for taking time out of your day for this Roman, I appreciate it." I pray to dear lord that I land this job because Skylar's been working extra hard for the two of us ever since I got fired for being too affectionate towards Skylar at my previous gym. What a bullshit reason to fire a person, honestly people need to grow eyes. Or not, I don't want people eye raping Cookie.

But he didn't need to know any of that.

"You're welcome, this is a great café, nice and quiet and in such a good looking book store too." It was the spur of the moment kind of thing, I didn't have much time to look for some place that's a reasonable distance from the school, since I wasn't expecting him to be dragged over by Skylar while I'm basically naked and Skylar is covered in pool water. And it's necessary to find a place that isn't jammed with noisy people that would likely interrupt the interview, plus, people are really nosy for no reason nowadays.

So I bring him here to Kightingale, Ryland's book shop. Or Solomon's Corner to be specific. Just the name makes me want to gag. It's so... superfulous.

We quickly get down to the interview, he looks through my resume, questions about past experiences and such. Albeit, in a very casual conversation, Roman is a very... stoic person. So casual means something along the lines of sarcastic eye rolls and very intense sitting positions with little emotions involved on his end of the stick.

He reminds me of the old Felix very much. Pre-Skylar me. The one that punches people for the lack of venting and stress relieving opportunities, also the same one that get so damn high that I won't be able to move my face muscles without seeming like I'm tearing my muscles into shreds. Though, I doubt Roman punches anyone or shoots himself up, he's a great person I'm sure. Totally not kissing up to my, hopefully, future boss inside my head right now.

"Felix. I honestly do not understand why you got fired. You have a double degree, you're a distinction scholar which landed your full scholarship for your whole university career. Is there a reason I should know?" I would've missed his question because his voice is just so damn dead it makes me go numb.

"To be perfectly honest, I think it was unfair. Skylar and I use to work out at the gym a couple times a week. Of course, we are very close and comfortable so we were bound to be closer than my other clients. My employer caught it and said it's not appropriate for the work place, and eventually just decided to fire me." I scoff, "Sounds like homophobia to me."