Chapter 28

The next day when Louisa got home Mamie and Grace came over as well; Henry was out in LA. They just wanted to make sure that their parents were okay and spend time together. Meryl noticed that Don had disappeared for awhile and she was worried about him. She noticed how quiet he was earlier, just watching the girls laughing and having fun. She excused herself from the girls and went in search for her husband. She knew he had to be on the main floor of their apartment, somewhere.

***

Meryl walked into their office and found Don sitting on the couch looking at a photo album. As she got closer and sat next to him her heart hurt when she saw the picture he was looking at-him as a little boy putting a flag and flowers on Brad's grave. "Baby?"

"Who am I, Meryl?" Don asked as he turned his tormented eyes towards her. "I mean, I am beyond grateful for you and our children as you remind me who I am now. But where did I come from? Who was my father? Who am I?"

Meryl didn't know what to say to him. "I can only tell you who you are now. I wish I had answers for you, my God, I wish I could fix this."

"Tell me...tell me who I am now." Don choked.

Meryl grabbed his face and told him between placing steamy kisses on his lips. "You are my...lover...best friend...my smile...laughter...why...my...heart beats. The best father...brings joy to our children...best father...EVER. Amazing...artist. Fuck...I LOVE YOU."

"LOVE YOU." Don moaned as he deepened the last kiss and somehow managed to pull her so she was straddling his lap. "You and kids...are my....everything."

Meryl was placing scorching kisses down his neck. "Never doubt...what you mean...to me."

"Feels...good." Don moaned as he ran his hands up and down her bare back under her shirt.

Meryl was squirming against his obvious hard on as she attacked his lips again. "Missed...you."

"Missed you...more." Don moaned as his hands traveled from her back to her breasts and fondled her.

Meryl was moaning. "Don't...stop."

"Need...more." Don groaned. "Been too long."

Meryl pulled his shirt up over his head and began kissing his strong chest she loved so much. "You're worth the wait."

"You too." Don whispered as she kissed back up his chest, and that's when he saw it. Her eyes were glassy looking and she was as white as a ghost. "Baby?"

Meryl closed her eyes as a wave of nausea and dizziness came over her. "Give me a sec."

"Baby, what's wrong?" Don asked seriously as he cupped her cheek.

Meryl opened her eyes. "Just a little dizzy...I'll be fine."

"I don't think so, baby." Don said with a kiss to her forehead. "That's the cold water we needed. Neither of us can do this yet. I mean, I CAN do it, we just haven't been released."

Meryl sighed as she leaned her forehead against his. "I want you so much. I want to show you how much I love you, and how much you mean to me. That no matter what shit your family puts you through, you will always have me."

"I know that, baby." Don said with a kiss to her lips. "Plus, we have a house full of kids."

Meryl knew he was right. "Yeah, I sure don't want to hurt you."

"We'll be together soon and I will rock your world." Don said making her smile.

Meryl was happy this interlude helped him, at least just a little. "You always do, babe."