Chapter 19: The Beginning of the End

Amy's POV

It had been rather quiet since the others had left for London. I was of course worried for them all but they weren't stupid, they could take care of themselves.

At the moment Cream was with Vanilla and Bunny was upstairs with Chuck coordinating things but I hadn't seen (Y/N) since the meeting this morning in the drawing room, do I went looking for her. She wasn't in the library, or the main living room. Leading me to head towards her room. 

Knocking lightly on her door all I received was a very muffled:

"Come in!"

Opening the door I didn't quite know what to think hen I saw (Y/N) laid stomach down on her bed, her head under a pillow.

"(Y/N)?" I asked nearly chuckling.

Yes we were currently in a very serious situation, but she looked a little like a teenager who didn't know what to do with them there self.

"Yeah?" She asked dully still not surfacing.

"Why are you under your pillow?" I asked taking a seat on her bed.

"I don't even know if I can talk about it...." She said almost sadly.

"Is it about the mission? Or another marked mate being murdered?" I asked carefully.

Over that last year whenever I could talk to (Y/N) I did, we'd gotten close and she was a really sweet girl. Not only that though she was determined, any spare minute she was researching helping in any way she could. But I also knew she had been blaming herself for the last year. Even if she didn't even drop any hints.

"Yes... And no..."

"Are you going to tell me? You don't have to."

She sluggishly sat up, her hair a little tussled, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"I um... Sort of got into an argument, with Shadow." She started.

"What kind of argument?"

"It was about what's over on the desk..." She said pointing at the desk.

Walking to her desk there was a photo album and a note book with indents on the front. Guessing the argument was caused by the notebook rather than the albums I flicked through the notebook. But upon scanning across a mere few words I audibly gasped, those minuscule letters being the only thing I needed to read.

"(Y/N)....."

Facing her my eyes watered a little and she refused to meet my gaze. I slowly retook my seat next to her.

"(Y/N), I know you want to help but this isn't an answer." I told her gently.

"I know that now." She answered, still not meeting my eyes.

"I'm assuming this is what you and Shadow argued about." I guessed.

"Yeah..."

That explained the indents on the notepad.

"Did he say anything that upset you? Do you want to talk abou-