15. Crave

For the lovely cookiemahone who always leaves the sweetest comments, love you xx

"What's going on? " I asked.

"Zhang invaded us. They set up a bomb to destroy the wall and the garden from the inside and infiltrated the house. They captured Adrian. Brian disappeared. Eric is with Jason at the second headquarters in Georgia. That's where we're going and the rest of XLX will come. I'm supposed to look after you and make sure you get there safely. Alex is gonna meet up with us soon. " Austin explained.

They captured Adrian? Brian dissapeared?

There's more people in XLX?

"There's more people in XLX?" I asked.

"There's over 300 members scattered between Miami and Georgia. The crew at the house are just home hench men." Austin explained.

Over 300 hundred members?

Then the thought immediately entered my brain.

"I heard Brian talking to Rick in my bedroom." I blurted.

"Brian?" Austin said, raising an eyebrow. "No one's seen him since this morning. "

"I was hiding in the closet when I heard the two of them barge in and start yelling. I think they were looking for me." I explained.

"They are."

"What?! Why?!"

"They want to kill you because they know you're the one who shot Andrea. " He explained.

"I didn't shoot her. She shot herself! I prevented her from committing suicide. " I snapped.

"That doesn't matter to them. They want you dead. "

They were gonna kill me to begin with.

"Is Andrea alive?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer.

"Yes. She was rushed to hospital and is currently there until she regains her strength.

That was a wonderful thing to hear. I'm glad she's okay.

"What are we going to do about Adrian? We have to save him." I said, genuinely concerned.

"Zhang proposed a deal, we hand you over in order save him. One life for another."

"I... I don't want to die..." I whispered to myself quietly.

"I won't let you die." Austin spoke, catching me off guard.

"You won't?" I asked.

"You don't deserve to die." He said calmly. He didn't even look at me. He kept his gaze towards the road. One hand gripped the wheel while the other leaned against the car window.

I stared at him for a while before turning to the window. It was almost midnight and I could feel body become weak and tired.

I began to drift off into a deep sleep.

***

I woke up to slight shaking and tugging on my shirt.

"Wake up." Austin said vaguely.

I blinked several times before looking out the window. We were parked in front of a little motel.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"I'm tired. It's a long drive from Miami to Georgia. I figured we could stop and rest here and head out in the morning." He explained.

I nodded groggrily.