7. Think About It

I sat in the room by myself. I can't believe her. She promised to save me, she promised things would go back to normal. But in the end she tried to kill me. Now I'm stuck here with them. I want to go home. 

I can't believe this. The one friend I trusted with everything decided to end my life yesterday.

Maybe it wasn't her decision.... maybe Rick forced her to do it.

I tossed and turned on the bed.

It's been two days. And Zhang hasn't tried anything.  They fixed the window and put bullet proof glass to protect me from an incident like the other day.

I miss my family.  My dog. My mother.

My father is in the military, so I don't see him often.

I really just want to call my mother and tell her I'm okay.

The door was locked so I couldn't really come out unless someone came in.

I feel so powerless. So angry. I want to do something about it but I can't.  I hate the feeling of being powerless.

It's eating me alive.

Just then, Alex came in.

"Hey." She said, sitting on the bed.

"Hey." I grumbled.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Everything." I explained.

"Why don't we go in my room, there's nothing to do in here? " She asked.

I nodded and got up. She led me down the hall and around a corner to her room. She opened the door and we went in. Her room was different from what I expected.  She had a queen sized bed with a pink and white comforter.  She had a little goldfish tank in the corner and a cat was sleeping on the couch in the corner by her tv that mounted onto the wall. Everything was white and pink.

She had large plush toys and stuffed animals everywhere.  Her room was just like mine at home.

It's just that, the way Alex appears. You wouldn't expect her bedroom to look like this.

She has a tongue piercing and she's always wearing that red bandana, plus she has a tattoo on her arm. You tell me if that fits together.

"You room looks just like mine." I laughed.

She smiled as she sat on the bed. She motioned me to sit as well.

Her cat hopped on the bed and snuggled in my lap.

"He's really friendly. " She said. "His name is Charlie."

"That's my dogs name." I said, petting the cat. It purred softly and positioned its once more.

"I'm more of a cat person." She grinned.

"I like both." I said tracing my finger along the cats fur.

"I know you're a little annoyed and confused that you can't go home. Especially with Austin always harassing you and such. I promise he's the sweetest thing once he opens up to you. " She explained,  putting her hand on my shoulder.

"That's easy for you to say. You grew up with him." I sighed.

She laughed a little bit.

"You're right. Even though I'm only a year older than him, I enjoy watching him grow up from a powerless little boy, to this confident and loving person he is now." She smiled.

"I hate that feeling." I mumbled.

"What feeling?"She asked.

"Being powerless. That feeling when something is happening and it gets you really angry or upset and there's absolutely nothing you can do to fix it." I said.