29. Touch Me

For mahonescupcake :)

*SEXUAL CONTENT*

"We're so proud of you." My mother said again as me, Austin, Andrea, Noah and my father walked into the restaurant.

Austin had his arm around me, slightly pressing against the mop of curls under my graduation hat.

"Austin, we'd love to meet your family." My mother cooed.

I cringed slightly. My parents didn't really know too much about Austin.

"My father raised me on his own. I have a sister as well. I don't know too much about my mother, my dad doesn't talk too much about her." Austin said, right through his teeth.

I played along. I wasn't going to pressure him about it. I assumed Austin didn't know a thing about his parents.  He never touched on subject too much at all.

"We'd love to meet your father." My father grinned.

"I'll be sure to inform him about it!" Austin cheered as my mother went to check in our reservation.

Noah had learned to behave around Austin and Austin had done the same. So I wasn't too worried.

The waiter led us to our table and we sat.

It was graduation day and today was also the day summer officially began.

A summer before I go to college. Austin hadn't mentioned college or medical school at all. I had hoped he would talk to me about it when he took it into consideration.  I sort of hoped my parents would ask him, just because I was too scared to do so. I didn't want to annoy him about school, especially today.

We all ordered something and I tried my best to engage in conversation with Noah and Andrea and Austin all together. Although Noah and Austin behaved, they still threw a few witty comments here and there.

"So, Austin, what are plans after high school, besides what you usually do?" Noah began.

I knew it was going to happen eventually just not so soon. Our food hadn't even arrived yet.

I kicked Noah under the table, then jammed my heel into his foot.

He grunted loudly, earning a stare from my mother.

"Manners, Noah." She scolded him. She treated Noah like the son she never had.

"Sorry, Mrs. Brooks."  Noah sighed.

"Yes, Austin, any plans for college?" My father asked.

I was mentally relieved because someone had asked, and Noah didn't count.

"Oh yeah, University of California. I'm attending a medical program there." Austin explained proudly.

He got excepted into a college in California and didn't tell me?  When was he planning on saying anything? Was all that a lie that he made up on the spot? But what if it is true, and he wanted surprise me....

I've heard of UOC before and its about a half hour drive from my college. That's extremely convenient.

"Really?" I asked, turning to him.

"Really." He said plainly.

Was he lying?

Do I have to wait til later to ask him? Later, after dinner, Austin wanted to do something with me, but I didn't know what. He said it was a surprise. Did I have to wait til then?

"Isn't that great?" My mother cooed. "The two of you can still see each other since the schools are so close!"

"Yeah." Austin said wrapping had his arm around me.