27. Isn't Yours

For its_dana

you're lovely :)

I sat in the corner sipping on my drink. I could feel the music pumping from the speakers to my core.

Another party, not one of Andrea's, but one of which I came to with her.

She was a bit drunk, but not a mess. I had left it up to Noah to drive us home later.

Andrea was still that reckless child as always, but I didn't mind. She was always fun.

She danced with some guy I knew, grinding onto him and he seemed to enjoy it.

I wasn't alone. I was with Austin and Alex. Surprisingly, Alex said that she wasn't seeing Noah anymore which saddened me. They would have been cute together.

Very cute together.

We all watched her dance.

"Does she always do that?" Alexandria asked taking a sip of her drink.

"It's her thing." I shrugged.

"Your best friend is a slut." Austin scoffed.

"You've fucked sluts. " I spat.

"Good point, I'm sorry." He reasoned, putting his arm around me.

"So when did you two become a thing?" Alex asked, changing the subject.

"We're not." I explained.

Austin removed his arm from around me and stared out into the crowd.

Did I say something wrong?

Alex looked at him for moment, but she didn't dare utter a word to him.

"Austin I-

"I'm gonna go get a drink." He said, cutting me off.

He got up and walked away disappearing into the crowd.

"He seems upset..." Alex slurred.

"I didn't mean to offend him. It's just that neither of us made things official and its been a while since we've talked about it..." I explained, running my hand through my hair.

"He talks about you a lot. He's having trouble telling you how he feels. It surprises me how he's able to keep his cool." Alex said.

"I mean, he's a mystery, Alexdrandria. I can never tell what he's thinking unless he tells me. And he never really does. I've learned not ask too many questions. He's like a fucking walnut. He wants to show you he cares but he never opens up on why or how to even admit it." I said shaking my head.

"I told you he's had a rough past. He has trust issues-

"I know." I groaned. "He's never told me about that either."

"He will when he's ready. He's quite dramatic. I remember after his first heartbreak, he was convinced that he'd never love again or even find love again."

"Is that what happened?" I asked.

"That's apart of it. But you'd be better off if he told you himself."

I searched the crowd, looking for him.

"I better apologize." I said getting up. I scanned the room for him.

I searched until I found him, standing in the corner sipping a drink and talking to a girl.

An old class mate of mine actually. She was flirting with him as well.

I watched her touch him.

I laughed; this little bitch.

"Deanna!" I cheered as she whipped her head around.