23. Gone

For GaviGaviota, thanks for voting babe :)

*2 Weeks Later*

I shut my locker and walked my way to my next class. I missed school to be honest. I walked into Chemistry and was handed a short handout with questions. I sat beside Noah, who had been scribbling in his notebook.

"Hey." I said. He looked up at me.

"Oh, hey El. " He beamed. "You did the homework?"

"Don't I always?" I said, chuckling to myself.

"Nerd." He said quietly.

"Do you dare to repeat that?" I asked, holding a sharpened pencil up to his face.

"NERD." He practically yelled. I took the eraser off the top and threw it at him. It bounced off his cheek and landed on one of his drawings.

"I'm keeping this." He chuckled, placing it in top of his pencil.

"Where's Andrea?" I asked, changing the subject.

"She was excused from class before you came. Her mom came to give her her keys. She left them. She should be coming back up in a few minutes. " He explained.

I nodded, taking out my notebook. I began writing down the date and reading the handout I was given when I walked in.

I had gone back to school a little over two weeks ago. It's been two weeks since I've seen Austin. He hasn't been at school. I looked forward to seeing him in a few of my classes. Just hanging out with him. He hadn't contacted me at all.

I never gave him any of my contact info to begin with.

Andrea walked in, setting the teachers pass on the table. She walked over and sat beside me and Noah, placing her bag on the side.

"Hey." She said, giving me a hug.

"Hey." I said. "You left your keys again."

"Ughh, how'd you know?" She groaned.

"Noah. " I said simply before flipping to the next page of the handout.

She shot Noah a glare before taking out her notebook. Noah shrugged at her before speaking.

"You know you love me." He smirked.

"Ew. " Andrea said playfully.

"You two should date."  I said as I flipped to the next page. It was some multiple choice. However, it was one of those handouts that your teacher gave you that you weren't allowed to write on because they used them for other classes.

I sighed as I wrote the answers down in my notebook.

"Ew." The both of them spat.

"I'm taken." Noah scoffed.

"Noah's not my type. But speaking of dating, how's Austin?" Andrea asked.

"We're not dating. I haven't even seen him. Besides, how do you know about that?" I mumbled, but it was still loud enough for her to hear me.

"Everyone knows. They think you have something to do with his absence from school." Andrea explained.

"I mean... I don't know where he is. I'm sure he's fine." I shrugged.

"It was actually just a rumor that you two were dating. But you're not into him, right?" She said as she began playing with a strand of her hair.

"Why does it matter?" I asked.

"He's a complete player. An asswhole. He'd break your heart. Not to mention, your parents would hate him." Noah explained.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, turning to him.