13. Not All Bad

Austin's POV

I watched her as she walked through the crowd of people, looking for something to do, oblivious to all the men staring at her.

"We can do anything you like. Choose something." I said as she continued to look around.

"I suck at making decisions. Can you choose something?" She asked.

"Um, alright." I sighed looking around. "Lets shoot some hoops and maybe we can win something." I said, pointing to the basket ball booth.

"Sure.  I don't really have any money." She said,  looking up at me.

"I'll pay. It's not a big deal." I shrugged.

If I'm gonna do this, I have to do this right.

"C'mon." She said, walking up to the basket ball booth. I followed behind. 

A dollar for three shots.

"I'll go first, just to show you how it's done." She said.

"Three shots for a dollar." A very tall blond girl said. She was really attractive. She had a cigarette in her mouth and I'm assuming she was around 21. I licked my lips before turning to Eliza, who had the biggest smirk on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just looks like I'll be winning that bet sooner than I thought." She smiled.

She must've caught me staring at her.

"Lets see what you think you can do." I said, putting a dollar on the table. Leaning on the booth wall, crossing my arms.

"Gladly." She said turning, practically whipping wods of her hair in my face.

She picked up the first ball, aiming it and then threw it, having it go through the hoop.

She grinned at me.

Not bad. Probably just luck.

She shot the second and it went in.

She grinned again.

Coincidence.

She shot the third one and it went in as well.

"Nah, this shit is rigged." I said, slamming a dollar on the table. She picked out her prize while I picked up a ball and shot it into the hoop.

I missed.

"What?" I said staring at the hoop.

"You got no game, Mahone. " She said, waving her large teddy bear at me.

"Shut up." I said, grabbing another ball and shooting it, missing again.

"What the fuck?" I said as she began laughing.

I shot the last one,  having it go in. I received a smaller prize, a bubble gun.

"I'm not 5." I said, shooting several bubbles in the air.

"Awww, are you upset?" She cooed.

"Lets try something I know I can beat you at." I said, looking around.

I walked up to a little booth that consisted shooting water guns.

"The objective of the game is to shoot down 5 little aliens that pop up every few seconds." Eliza said, scanning the instruction board.

"Two dollars per try. If you shoot down all five aliens three times, you get a prize, the supreme one of course." The man running the booth said.  "It's never been done before."