22. Just A Little Bit

For irish_british_1D thanks for voting

love you xx

*Three days later*

I gripped the crutches as I walked throughout the room, getting my things together. I was leaving tomorrow. It's all over now. I'm going home to my family and away from it all. It's been a rough three and a half months. Everything here was going to become a memory. I could finally get on with my life. Things could finally go back to normal.

"You shouldn't be walking on your ankle. Are you sure you don't want me to help you?"Andrea said, sitting down on the bed. She fiddled with her fingers worriedly.

"Nah. It's just a little cut. I'll be back on my feet in two or three weeks at the most." I explained.

"You sure?" She asked.

I nodded, fixing my bag.

"We're gonna go home and back to our old lives." I began.

"You've made quite a lot of friends here. You seem a bit too happy to leave. " She chuckled.

"I have to get on with my life. It's almost exam season. I'm gonna have to catch up. That's three months worth of work." I explained.

"You already have enough credits to graduate..." She slurred.

"You want me to continue being in XLX?" I asked.

"Nah, let's just leave all that behind us. We can start over. As if it never even happened. "

Truth is, I just wanted to forget about Austin.

Why?

Because... he's still upset with me about what I said in the car. He hasn't come out of his room in three days.

I picked up the three guns that had been given to me and put them in a bag. I threw the two boxes of remaining bullets inside. I adjusted my crutches and picked up the bag. I headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Andrea asked.

"I'm going to give these back to Jason, I won't be needing them any more." I explained.  She nodded, laying on the bed and turning on the tv.

I opened the door and made my way down to his office. I knocked the door before hearing a faint' come in'. I opened the door and walked in. Jason had been sorting through papers, like always.

"Here." I said, placing the bag on his desk.

"What's this?" He asked.

"The weapons you gave me. I won't be needing them anymore."

"I was hoping you'd keep them. Just a little memory from how you've helped us greatly." He smiled, handing the bag back to me.

"I don't mind keeping them. But what will my mother say?" I said, sticking my hand inside. I picked up the very first gun he ever gave me.

"You have a good point." He reasoned. "Alright, I'll take them."

I looked at the gun in my hand.

I've grown a bit attached to the object.

"I'll keep this one." I said, putting it back in the bag and put the other two on his desk.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yes."

I turned on my heel and went towards the door.

"Eliza,"

"Hmm?"

"You're always welcome here. You can come back any time. You're family now." He grinned.