14. Downfall

Two Weeks Later

Eliza's POV

I was downstairs in the practice room, shooting targets. Jason told me he would be sending me on my very first errand for him and apparently, I needed practice.

I have to admit, he was right. I needed to practice.

And Jason is so stocked on guns and rounds of ammo, he could set up an army.

I had shot more than 36 rounds today and I had gotten extremely tired. Out of the 36 times, I only hit the target in the middle 9 timed correctly. I'm actually proud.

There was a knock on the door and on came Austin.  He had two cups of iced tea with lemon.

"You've been working hard in here." He smiled. "I think you could use a break."

"I really want to please Jason. I don't want him to regret anything." I sighed as he handed me a drink.

"I think you've already pleased him by wearing that bandana like a head band every damn day." He chuckled as I took the drink.

"Lets go outside. Its a beautiful day."  He suggested.

I nodded, setting my gun down on the table.

To think, he had been being really sweet lately. I couldn't put my finger on why, but he had.

It was nice, not fighting with him. Maybe this was what Alex had been talking about. That he really was sweet.

He hadn't mentioned the bet, which made me even more curious about him. It was often difficult for me to figure out what he was really thinking.

I never saw him with any other girls so I assume he's still trying to win.

We sat by the pool, sipping tea.

"If you want, I can give you shooting lessons. " He said, as he played with the straw in his cup.

"That'd be great, I'm getting better on my own too. Alex taught me some things that might help." I half smiled.

"Cool. That game for the tickets I won are tomorrow,  you wanna come?" He asked.

"Sounds like fun..." I slurred.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

Everything was wrong to be honest.  Nothing makes any sense. He's being too nice and I'm enjoying it. Since when was he a sweet heart?

"Why the fuck are you being so nice?" I blurted.

"Excuse me?"

"Why are you being so nice, you hated me not too long ago. At first, I wasn't going to say anything. But now it's literally eating me alive." I explained.

"You don't like it when I'm being nice?"

" I didn't say that! All I'm saying is that it doesn't make any sense that you suddenly want to be my friend. A little over a month ago, you hated me. You told me that you could care less if I died. So why do you suddenly care now, because I know that you don't." I spat.

Austin's POV

She caught on to me.

"Are you doing this because of the bet?" She asked.

I tried to think of something, but she spoke again.

" I guess I should have known. Of course you would do something like this. You tricked me into thinking that you actually wanted to be friends, when really all you wanted was to have your dick sucked." She snapped.