24. See You Tonight

For InfinitlyAmeezy, I like pizza too :)

I sat beside Andrea, opening my notebook to about six or seven pages of history notes.

"Which lesson is it?" She asked.

"The one from last week, on Tuesday." I said, taking her notebook.

"Now, let's get started. What was the Monroe Doctrine? " I said, holding the page of notes in my hands.

"Alright, uh... " She slurred.

"Take your time. " I chuckled.

"The Monroe Doctrine was articulated in President James Monroe's seventh annual message to Congress on December 2, 1823. The European powers, according to Monroe, were obligated to respect the Western Hemisphere as the United States' sphere of interest.... right? "Andrea said. I looked at her with a beaming smile.

"Yes!" I gushed.

"Alright, your turn. Before publicly unveiling the Monroe Doctrine, who wrote a letter to Thomas Jefferson seeking foreign policy advice and when was the letter written? Andrea said, looking at her notebook.

"Couldn't you have given me something hard, that's so fucking easy. Before publicly unveiling the Monroe Doctrine, President James Monroe wrote a letter to Thomas Jefferson seeking foreign policy advice on October 17, 1823. Easy peasy lemon squeezy."

"Smart ass. Sometimes I hate studying with you." Andrea groaned.

"Well sorry then." I smirked.

"Hey bitches." Beamed Noah as he walked into the school library and sat with us.

"Hey Noah. " I grinned. His Australian accent made me melt.

"Hey." Andrea waved.

"What are you guys up to?" He said, pulling out his cellphone. I watched him begin playing an agonizing game of flappy bird. Well then.

"Studying for Mr. Gallagher's history test last period." I explained.

"You don't need to study. I swear, everything from that text book is already imprinted in your mind." He said, rubbing the top of my head.

"Well I wouldn't say that..." I blushed slightly at his nerdy comment.

If anything, Noah was my first crush. I never told him, feeling like it'd be quite awkward since he was one of my best friends since fifth grade. He was different from Austin. Very different. He had his blond hair fixed into a quiff and big blue eyes. He was really tall. Definitely taller than Austin. He was about 6'4. He was a good foot away from me.

I mean, he's gorgeous. If I never came across Austin, he would have been my first kiss.

"Hey..." Andrea said. I turned to her. She was looking at something.

"Isn't that Austin over there?" She spoke quietly.

I looked in the direction that her gaze had been planted on. There he was, leant up against a bookshelf. He had been talking to someone, but his eyes continued to look in this direction whilst in conversation.

"Yeah it is." Noah said, raising his head up from his phone.

"When did he get back?" I asked, I looked over at him and my eyes met his. I quickly looked away, and turned back again.

"I don't know and I don't really care. It shouldn't matter, you're gonna stay away from him." Noah spat.

"I was thinking of going over there just to say hi...." I mumbled.