36. Velsenia

For allyssa_is_amazing :))))

I stared at Adrian on his bed. His eyes were closed shut and he was asleep. I watched his stomach and chest go up and down and the IV that was in his arm pump what ever liquid into his system.

Alex laid beside him as Austin stood by the door.

"So let me get this straight, someone just shot him?" Austin said.

"Yes, he was out of state getting equipment with Eric and Vincent and he was shot.  God knows by who." Alex cuddling against him.

"There was no evidence whatsoever on who or even why?" Austin asked again.

" No." Alexandria said quietly.

I just stared at him. His body was so lifeless. Poor Adrian, he didn't deserve this. His brownish blond hair passed over his forehead. His lips were so pink and his eyelashes were really long. I remember when he used to dislike me.  Or at least I thought he did.

I just kept looking at him.  The bandages wrapped around his stomach where he was shot needed to be changed.

"Can I change his bandages?" I asked.

"You know how to wrap them properly, right?" Alexandria asked.

"Yes, my mother taught me." I said.

"Let the nurse do it. She's coming in right now." Austin said.

The door opened and a tiny frail little girl came in. She must've been new on the job and she was incredibly young.

She had short wavy blond hair and grey eyes that pierced through my soul.

"Hey, Velsenia." Austin said.

"Hey." Velsenia said plainly.

( A/N : Velsenia, VEL-SEE-NEE-YA :) just a little help pronouncing the name)

"Hey Velsy. " Alex said to Velsenia.

I looked at her because her face seemed extremely familiar. She had quite an odd name too. And she looks so young- almost like she's 12. And she's extremely pretty. Austin and Alex know her...?

"Velsenia, this is Eliza, my girlfriend. Eliza, this is Velsenia. She works here in the infirmary of building. Whenever I get hurt, she's one of the nurses who patches me up." Austin grinned.

Velsenia looked at me, a blank expression pasted upon her face. She examined me.

"Girlfriend?" She said quietly, turning to look up at Austin.

"Yes, girlfriend. " He chuckled.

"Very unexpected." She half smiled. She turned to me before saying something.

"Nice to meet you, Eliza." She said, holding out her hand to me.

"Nice to meet you too." I said, taking her hand carefully. I was afraid I'd hurt her.

She was so skinny, I could see bone at every nook and cranny of her body. She was so pale. She had this weird vibe radiating off of her and it wasn't good. It was creepy. If anything, just Velsenia creeps me the fuck out.

Austin and Alex didn't seem to be bothered by her at all.

"How's the infirmary lately? " Alex asked. Velsenia began changing Adrian's bandages.

"Fine. Been getting a lot of patients lately but it's nothing I can't handle." She said, unwrapping the bandage. I watched her intently.

"If you have any free time, we should head out for a drink later." Alex asked.