The Rest of the Second Exam

*Note: Lee has never met Sasuke cuz Banshee isn't on team 7. And yes he will make friends with the rookie 12.)

            (Shikamaru's POV)

   When Mira-chan was healed they finished the test. There was to many people so we had battles to see who went on to the third round.
   Mira-chan wasn't aloud to fight, much to everyone's relief. The Oto ninjas were angry about it, but even the sand kids thought it was a good thing she didn't fight. And the red head, from what I know, hates everyone and will kill them without a second thought.
   Sasuke threatened me with death should I hurt the adorable berry. Him, not so worried. The ANBU on the other hand, yes. I'm not an idiot, far from it with an IQ of over 200, but the only other person they will get that angry for is Naruto Uzumaki.
   The battles were pretty strait forward. Naruto won by the skin of his teeth, since the Inuzaka's (spelling? I'm close) techniques are as brutal, as they are effective.
   Uchiha won by killing his opponent. It was touch and go, but he won.
   Then it was my turn. Against a girl. Troublesome. At least its not Mira-chan. Her not being aloud to fight is a blessing. I wouldn't know what to do.
   The battle begins, and I doge the senbons this female threw. I try to catch her with my shadow, but she stays in a well lit area and far away.
   Then my world turned sideways. It was a genjutsu that worked with bells on her senbons.
   She explained it, not that I cared, or listened, and I took the chance. It finally stopped.
   "Troublesome," I sigh. "Even the thinnest of wires have a shadow," I say before tricking her into knocking her out via the wall she is way to close to.
   "That was amazing Shika," the adorable, purple haired teen smiled at me. I nod, trying not to stare. She is way to cute for her own good.
   "Berry," her teacher called. She ignored him. "Blueberry get over here now." Her glare could freeze fire.
   "I don't want to sit in the wheelchair anymore," she said stubbornly. "Its not even comfortable. Nor can I see the battles well."
   I picked her up and sat her in the wheeled chair. She just pouted and refused to look at us. The red head from sand traveled over to us. I watched him as he got closer.
   "You are Kurai Mira correct," Mira-chan frowned. "You look exactly the same only... Older."
   "Gaara?" She looked a little startled. "Right?"
I felt a flare of something go through my chest. I did not like this. This is not going to end well if he is trying to steal my Berry.
   "I haven't seen you since the ANBU found and raided Orachimaru's lab near Suna," I was instantly engrossed in the conversation before me.
   "I was like two," she looked at him weirdly. "I mean I was the only one left alive, but still. I was two Gaara."
   "And the one to play with me," he grinned. "Father liked you."
   "No," Naruto butted in. "Kai can't marry you. She has sights on someone already." I found the name for my feelings. Jealousy ripped through my soul. Who was the person to catch Kurai Mira's attention? I won't let them keep it for long.
   "Seal hush," she smiled softly. "You just want that fixed don't you," it wasn't a question. She turned to Naruto and had him lean down. "Understand?"
   "Sadly more than I want to," the blonde took the red head away and started talking in hushed tones.
   "Shika I don't want to sit here anymore. Its not comfortable," Mira-chan whined.
   "How can I help you Mira-san,' it was supposed to be sarcastic and rhetorical, but she answered.
   "Can I sit on your lap?" I look at her in shock. Could she be asking me this? Or was it a trick? "Shika?"
   "Troublesome," I sigh. "Why not. Now I can nap." Her smile lit up my whole day. I don't think I could actually sleep, but for that smile I don't care.

                        (No POV)

   Shikamaru sat in the wheel chair with his petite crush snuggled into his grasp. Unconsciously they both fell asleep. The month catching up to both of them.
   "Finally," Kakashi sighed. "Berry is as restless as Naruto when healing."
   "She is a ninja Kakashi," Shikamaru's teacher chuckled. "I'm glad he chose the chair. He is a pain to wake up. Doesn't like it."
   "Berry has nearly stabbed me," Sasuke smiled. "And drown Seal. Also tried to burn Gin-sensei."
Asuma just looked at the tinny, seemingly innocent child-like teen. The again that would be the perfect cover for anything.
   'Hmm potential,' a scared man mixed from the shadows. 'Now to talk to Hatake into handing her over when she gets her vest.'
   Gaara's turn against Lee ended with Lee maybe never being a ninja again. Gaara had the decency to down when Kurai got on to him.
   "Crushing him?" She glared. "Simply holding him would have been fine. Yes he is strong, yes he is fast. You had a hold of him. Simply doing that for a measly minute could have had you as the winner." Her left hand flew all over the place. "I've told you before don't listen to him. And he isn't your mother. He is your crazy raccoon from hell."
   Kakashi only shook his head as Shikamaru gently rearranged her in his lap. Then she moved her right shoulder. Seeing the pain lace her expression, he handed her a pill.
   "Take it Kurai," she glared. "Its a pain pill. You are still sore. In pain, and despite being aloud out; you are not healed." Everyone looked at her.
   "Of course not you Baka," she snorted. "Its not like I didn't have a hand slammed through my body. By a crazy pedo-snake sanin at that. It doesn't pull its punches. Didn't expect it to."
   "For the last time Orachimaru is male," Sasuke snapped.
   "You sure?" She asked smugly. "Have you checked?" The duck butt ninja froze. "Well?" He clammed up. "I don't hear an answer. So Pedo-snake is an It then?"
   Kakashi was silently laughing his head off. Kurai knows the snake sanin is a male. But Sasuke falls for it each time. Also it makes sense, but no one was going to check to prove her wrong. No. One.
   Shikamaru yawned, but inside was laughing his butt off. A mini, adorable, chibi him was laughing and rolling on the floor.
   Sakura and Ino had luckily still been knocked out at this time, so they didn't get involved. But the inner them were fangirling over their Sasuke mind shrine. Let's just say they have never grown up and any person evaluating them would turn crazy themselves. Kiba was nursing his pride and rocking a sleeping Akimaru.
   The rest of the rookie ninjas were talked into a game of go fish. That turned into poker go fish. Again, as always, Naruto won.
   "I swear the cards are marked," Kurai muttered. "Evil brother."
   "That's the job," she glared at him and took her next hand.
   "Determined to win. Neji was talking about it was fate for him to win this round, and they all ignored him. "Neji-san," Kurai looked up irritated. "Shut up and don't let him win." Even the teachers had to think the cards were marked. He just kept winning. Then both Hinata and Neji were called to the field.

(Ttfn)