Chapter six: practice makes anxiety

"You dudes ready?!" Greg yells while readying his instrument. "Yeah." Angus says while doing the same. "No" says Mae as she gets her bass out and holds it in the wrong hand. "Uuuhh.. Mae..? Do you even remember how to hold the bass?" Mae looks very very frustrated. "ITS BEEN LIKE 4 YEARS!" Greg laughs. "First off, you're holding it in the wrong hand, second off, just try not to mess up." Greg says as he stands straight. "YOU GOT THIS MAE!" Germ yells while eating a bag of chips. "Thanks germ" Mae slowly looks down at him. "Alright.. 3, 2, 1 GO!" Mae strings to the beat. 🎵Maybe there's a reason, maybe there's a rhyme, maybe I'll figure it out, some other time. Maybe the past isn't what it's cracked up to be, maybe I'll find a way to just move on. Maybe we're ghosts cause I cant feel the ground, and all these shapes they don't make a sound, I think there is a god, watching us from above ground. i never understood anything at all, and all its become is starting to fall! My town, is a bit broken from the flood that went down. All the routes I take all lead back to this one point and makes me sad, but suddenly I feel like I erased every memory that I had.. 🎵 Mae starts to cry, but puts the hood over her face just enough to hide it. "Great job Mae.. but why are you covering your face with your jacket?" Bea says as she walks over to Mae. Mae smiles as Bea hugs her for a short two seconds before letting go. Mae wipes her tears and pulls the hoodie off her face. "Yeah Bea.. Im fine.." Mae gets up and waves goodbye while walking out. "BYE BEA!" She runs off.