Chapter 22: Greg and Mae

"Hey Bea, Im going to go with Greg for a little bit and get some air. I left you some snacks in the fridge if you just wanna chill at my house for a while. I got a few new games on the computer if you wanna play it, and a few movies. Try not to burn down the house while Im gone!" Mae writes all this down on a note for Bea to read when she wakes up. She put the note on the alarm clock, grabs her back pack, and walks out the front door. She walks to Gregs apartment since he didn't work today. When she gets there, she knocks on the door. "Who is it?" Angus calls from the other side. "Mae." He looks outside. "Mae who?" Mae smiles. "MAEbe somebody that's your friend!" Mae hears a sigh on the other end of the door. It opens and Angus is smiling. "Hey Mae, what brings you here?" Mae shakes her head to wake herself up more. "Me and Greg were gonna go out for a ride today!" Greg walks into a room and walks back out with Greg. "Alright, you two have fun!" Greg is wearing a backpack just like Mae's. "We will cap'n!" They walk away while Angus waves bye. They hop on Gregs bike and take off for the road. They follow the road until they reach a point with a gravel path, so they follow that and keep going. They slowly move past a creek with a waterfall. Very few animals seem to inhabit it considering all the trees and leaves. They soon pull up to a picnic blanket over a flat patch of grass with no trees around. They had taken months just to find the perfect spot. They set their backpacks on the blanket and sit down. "Did ya get the sandwiches bro?" Greg asks as he pulls out some containers from his pack. "Of course, did you get the snacks and telescope?" Greg laughs. "Of course bro!" Mae pulls out the sandwiches. She hands one to greg and eats hers. Greg looks at a squirrel while he eats his sandwich. "I despise that squirrel.." the squirrel looks at Greg for a few seconds, then runs up a tree. Mae laughs at how hard he is staring at it. After they get done eating, they eat some snacks Greg brought from Halloween. "Ooo, skittles!" Mae throws her hands in the air. "I DONT LIKE THE PINK ONES!" Greg giggles. "Me neither dude! Me neither.." greg picked up a pink skittle and threw it at the squirrel, but misses horribly. "Grrr." Once they finish their snacks, it becomes dark enough to use the telescope. He pull it out of his pack and sets it up to look at the planets. "DUDE! I CAN SEE YOUR ANUS!" Greg and Mae laugh at their immaturity. "Ooh! There's mars!" It was fun for both of them to look at the planets every time they came here. "Hey Mae.." Mae lays back. "Yeah dude?" Greg sighs. "Do you think Angus would leave me?" Mae sits back up. "Dude, no! He would never do that! He's a fluffy pushover! Plus if he did I would smash his head into the ground." Greg seemed to be less energetic all of the sudden. "Its just.. me and him have been having a lot of fights recently, and Im scared..." Mae pats him on the back. "Its gonna be ok dude.. do you wanna have an akward sibling hug?" Greg nods and they both hug in a shy way. "Pat pat" they both say as they pat each others backs. "Thanks bro.. I'm sorry for making you listen to my bull crap all day.." Mae lays back down. "Its okay dude.. I'm here for you if you need help." Greg laughs for no reason. "Whats so funny?" Greg stops laughing. "It's just you and Bea.." Mae is more confused. "What about us?" Greg eats more candy. "I don't know.. its just kinda funny that you guys had a fight at school and now you are both boyfriend and girlfriend to this day." Mae chuckles. "Yeah, I guess so!" They both lay back looking up at the stars, like white powder on a black spread sheet. It was so much to take in for Mae. "Hey greg. Have you ever thought about like, if each one of those stars represents a person. Each one is so small in another persons view, but in that persons view, they are so much bigger than what we thought." Greg looks at one star the whole time. "Wow dude, that's deep." Mae laughs. "Yeah, I guess so.." It was getting late, so they decide to head home. The ride the bike home after grabbing their bags and leaving the blanket there. When they reach Gregs house, Mae waves and heads back to her house with a sigh. "Hey Bea." She says as she walks inside. Bea is standing at the stair waiting. "Hey Mae." Mae drops her pack in the corner of her room, takes her shoes off, and flops on her bed. Mae is already asleep by the time she hits the bed. "Night B-" she fell fast asleep. "Night Mae.." Bea hops in the bed next to her, and falls asleep hugging her.