*Chapter 2: You can't break a soul twice*

11th of May 1779

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I looked down, avoiding eye contact at all costs. He got down on my level and looked at me as I resisted to even glance at him. "You are not a servant here, are you?" He asked firmly as I shook my head. I could feel his glare dig deep in the back of my head. He jerked my head upwards after he placed his thumb and index finger at my chin. "Are you Y/N Rasmussen?" He asked as he directly looked me in my eyes.

As I looked in his eyes, I immediately recognized the dark brown eyes from the portrait. Was this the kid? The brown haired one?

I nodded as much as I could in the position he put me in. He then let go of my chin and my face dropped a few inches as his hand was the support of my face and neck. He walked to the door and motioned with a simple movement of his left gloved hand to follow him. I frowned but followed along as he made his way back to the stairs.

He went down the stairs, hands behind his back making his figure appear more stern and strict. Was this that same kid? Am I just talking to a staff member?

As we reached the bottom stairs and I snapped out of my curiosity, I noticed my parents standing there. Their anger was bigger than their faces which was really surprising...honestly, just imagine!

Lord and all that's good, save me.

"Where were you?!" My father boomed as his grey eyes landed on mine. "The portrait room," I mumbled within the comfort of my lips. "EXCUSE?!" He yelled as he came face to face with me. "The portrait room, sir," I stated more clearly. The only reason that he didn't slap me, was because the staff member was staring intensely.

"What gives you the right to go around other people's houses?!" My mother demanded the know as I bit my lip to keep myself from breaking down. I was about to say something, but-

"Hold on," the guy interrupted as I looked up through my watery shield protecting my eyes. "This young lady was simply looking around the portrait room." He continued as his gloved hand gestured to me. "The room is really old, very dusty, I don't enter it much. I was rather happy it could do some kind of service to a person." He explained as I looked at him and rubbed the tears out my eyes.

He was my future husband, that's for sure now.

He glanced at me as I was looking at him, so I looked back to the ground.

It was very silent. Though, I could hear Myles talk to my parents in the background. "My terrible pardons sir." My father eventually said as he looked to the side, not aiming to lose his pride.

"...maybe she would like to stay for a night. Just to calm down. She'll sleep in the guest room." Myles suggested as he glanced at me, but mostly remained eye contact with my father.

My father was unsure of what to say. He didn't know what to say obviously. Then again, he did not care about my whereabouts as long as I was making him money. "Sure." He finally stated as he dragged my mom and himself to the door and let themselves out.

And thus, I was left alone with Sir Myles.