*Chapter 12: The Hamiltons*

7th of June 1779

Y/N's P.O.V

Slowly, I awoke on the shoulder of Alex as we drove to his house in a carriage. While rubbing my head into his shoulder, he noticed that I wasn't sleeping anymore. 

"Slept well?" He asked. "No..." I said, "I am worried about John and Philip..." I mumbled, still half asleep.  "They'll be fine." He spat and pulled his shoulder out under my head. I slowly tilted my head up and looked up at his icy blue eyes and chocolate brown hair. "Why are you mad?" I asked. "I'm not mad," He forced a smile and looked through the window. We stayed silent for the rest of the ride. 

"We're here." He said and grabbed my hand then opened the carriage door and stepped out, helping me in progress. I looked at the house, it was so much cozier and tinier than my mansion.
"What do you think?" He asked when he saw that I was staring at the house. "...I love it." I mumbled with a smile.

We were standing before the door and he tugged at the rope of the big bell. He then waited for a few moments before Angelica opened the door with a warm smile that soon faded when she saw my condition. "Alex, What the hell did you and the other mofo do to her?" She scowled.

"It wasn't my fault this time, I swear..." Alex said quickly. "It was Philip's fault," He corrected her with a smirk. Angelica rolled with her eyes. "Of course." She said. She then grabbed me and led me to a couch where she laid me down. Alex followed her and sat down on the nearest sofa. Angelica crossed her arm in discomfort. "So...What happened?" She asked Alex. "Well, I helped her with a shot at first," He started and Angelica stopped him right there. "You gave this girl liquor?!" She shouted. "She only had one." He said and looked at me. 

"She had one and this is what she looks like now?!" She shouted at him. "I'm just a bit nauseous," I tried to interrupt their little fight but Alex shushed me. "Hey! We didn't ask her to drink more than one! She started drinking out of her own will." Alex said trying to defend himself against his sister who was about to kill him and feed him to the dogs.

"You could have stopped her and bring her home immediately," Angelica said. "Unless you actually wanted her drun-" She stopped dead in her tracks. "Unless...That you..." She mumbled. I looked up at her but the room began to spin when I tried to push myself up. So I decided to lay back down and tune their fighting out. 

Angelica's P.O.V

Alex is a smart person and knows when to stop drinking and when to stop someone from drinking their a$$ off. He has countless friends who he has stopped before they spiraled into the drunken pit. He wouldn't be dumb enough to let her drink more than two shots. 

I looked up at Alex and grabbed his ear. "AUWCH! LET GO OF MY EAR, ANGELICA!" He yelled as I pulled him into the kitchen, leaving Y/N to rest on the couch. Once we were in the kitchen, I hissed: "Alex, did you put something in her first drink?" He looked to the side before huffing. "She had a few shots. Who wouldn't be completely drunk-" "Except we all know that the bar you go to mixes a bucket of water into the drinks before serving them. You get the taste, not the kick. What'd you do?" I almost yelled. 

The fact that Alex stayed dead silent is the thing that scared me the most. 

"Angelica," He said. "People tend to grasp toward the same goal. If someone is trying to achieve something, more and more people will try to achieve that same thing. Most people have the luxury of that thing being 'love' and there's plenty of that," He explained. "However the last time I checked there's only one Y/N,"

"Even Philip wouldn't stoop that low," I spat. "Father will be furious when he hears this!" Alex nodded when I said that. "We both know you don't want to tell our parents," He said before he smiled and walked away to retreat to his room. 

He was right. If I would tell father he would get kicked out of the house. My siblings and I would never recover from that. I was cornered by my own brother.

Y/N's P.O.V

How many shots did I take? I heard some inconsistencies from Alex. He said I had a shot then he said I had more but I can't really remember. My vision was blurry and every little sound irritated me. Suddenly a voice slowly said: "Sweetheart, who are you?" I blinked a few times and looked into a pair of brown eyes. "I'm a friend of Philip and Alex," I answered, not really knowing who I was talking to. "And what's your name?" The voice asked, not a hint of irritation could be found. 

"Y/N L/N," I said and finally opened my eyes wide enough to look at their face. "Where are they anyway?" The voice belonged to a woman who was now looking at the door of the living room. "The last time I saw them was when they went to the library with their siblings. Everyone returned but they haven't yet," 

"Alex is here. He offered to bring me here because I drank a bit too much," I explained, sitting up straight. "And Philip?" She asked. I genuinely forgot for a minute but it all flooded back. "They got caught in a fight against each other in the bar," The woman groaned as if she had heard that story before. "Typical," She sighed.

"I am sorry if I sound rude, but who are you?" I asked finally opening my eyes fully and seeing more than her face. "I'm Eliza Hamilton. Alexander's wife," She introduced herself and sat down beside me.

When she did, I saw Angelica come out of the kitchen. She looked worse than I did. "Angelica?" I called as she whipped her head toward me. Her mannerism was straight out of a horror book. Tense shoulders, big eyes, pale face as she deeply breathed in and out. "Darling, what's wrong? Why are you so pale?" Eliza asked a bit worried. "I just caught a cold," Angelica stuttered and ran up the stairs.

No, she didn't. She was fine five minutes ago.

Eliza excused herself and quickly hurried up the stairs as well. I let my head fall back against a cushion and turned my head toward the window. As I did, I noticed that James Alexander, John Church, and William Stephen, along with a few other friends, were playing outside. They were playing tag. I had never played it before but it seemed fun.

I guess the window was wide enough for James Alexander to spot me looking at them. He ran inside and suddenly stood before me before I even noticed. "Wanna join?" He asked me. "Nah, kid, I can't even walk in a straight line. I don't really think it's a good idea-" As I explained, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out the couch. 

"Don't be like Philip," He complained with a smile and ran outside with me.

Surprisingly, the sunlight made me feel a bit better. When I arrived everyone stopped and approached me. "It's simple, you run from the one who is 'it'. That's it!" James explained. "Well, that's pretty easy." I huffed and looked at the nine kids in front of me. "But since you're an adult, all of us are 'it'," James explained with a  grin. "What'd you mean with that-" I frowned but noticed the sudden evil glint in the kids' eyes. 

"Oh no."

30 minutes later

John's P.O.V

Alexander, Lafayette, Philip and I were walking to the Hamilton household. Just as we were about to reach the door, we heard a shriek. "Did you hear that?" I asked. "Was that Eliza?" Alexander asked ringing the doorbell. When no one opened the door, Philip went into fight-or-flight mode and he kicked open the door. "Jesus, Alexander. You should really get that lock fixed," Lafayette winced as we stepped inside.

We saw Eliza by the window so we rushed toward her. "Mom! Is everything okay?!" Philip asked, holding her by the shoulders. "Oh, don't worry about me. It was Y/N," She smiled. "Why are you smiling?" Philip asked. Eliza pointed to the window where we could witness Y/N being crushed under a pile of nine kids.

"Oh my god," I whispered, cracking a smile. "HELP ME!" She yelled once she saw us. Philip and I slowly made our way outside. "CAN YOU GO ANY SLOWER?!" She screamed, kicking and squirming around. We walked even slower toward her, almost in slow-motion.

Y/N lost all hope and pressed her face into the grass. "Ugh."