*Chapter 3: Ridiculous*

12th of May 1779

I woke up and realized that I wasn't in my own room. I blinked to understand what I was doing in a strange room. I know for a fact that I didn't go to a bar or something like that. I couldn't remember much from last night. In fact, I couldn't remember anything specific.

...Oh, that's right I am in Gene's house. My sight was blurry so I rubbed my eyes a bit more. When I got a clear vision, I saw that Gene didn't lay on the bed how he fell asleep. I was pressed against his chest. He had his arms around me and I felt highly uncomfortable.

I heard his heart calmly beat as he slowly exhaled and inhaled. 

My eyes were wide open. I tried to get out and spare me some sins that I may or may not have committed. I turned around with a lot of struggle and was finally facing the door. I tried to get out of bed but Gene wouldn't let me. He still had an iron grip around my waist and it tightened when I tried it again. 

Well, f*ck him! I'm trying to be an independent woman and this guy is keeping me from doing any of that.

He pulled me closer and mumbled something I couldn't make out. His arms slowly tightened around my waist. The air was being pumped out my chest and I toed my line.

With all the force I got, I pushed myself away from him and landed face first on the floor.
He waked fully up by the sound. He shot up and looked around for a while.  Maybe, if I didn't move he wouldn't notice me...

"Y/N, what are you doing on the floor?" He asked calmly. I kept laying still.

... maybe he will just go away...

"Y/N...Are you dead?" He asked still remaining calm. Wow, such compassion ."I'm not dead." I calmly stated. He frowned in confusion.

"Then what in the heavens where you doing on the ground?" He asked very confusedly. I coughed a bit and clenched a piece of the sheet in my hand and pulled it a bit. He looked down and saw he was under the sheets. "Ah..." He understood.

"I am so sorry." He apologized quickly and very flushed. He left the room without another word. Well...that ended in a disaster. It could've gone worse.

Time skip after an awkward breakfast...

I walked into the garden. Gene had a little meeting with some people that discuss war plans.
I decided that I would only stand in the way if I were to be in the house. The garden was lovely just like yesterday. I sat down on a bench and closed my eyes. Before I knew it I realized that a man was standing before me. I opened my eyes again and looked at the person. A red coat, maybe it was Gene. I had to look up for a while to meet the person's eyes.

No Gene isn't that tall. I looked up higher and saw that he looked a bit more like a really tall person. My head got tired of looking up so I stood up to look at the man.

"Well good day to you." He greeted in a really awful British accent. A small smile appeared on my face. There is no way this man was from Britain. And if he is not British and sounds American he must be...

"Are you a spy?" I asked him as my lips curled up in a small smile.

His eyes widened and he covered my mouth. "How would you know that?" He said with an American accent in a state of panic. "First of, you don't speak that good in a British accent," I smiled as he sheepishly sighed. "Work on it, secondly, you just said it yourself," I beamed with a smirk on my face. He looked at me for a while. 

"You don't seem like the type that will tell me of by the others..." He stated very tense but sat down next to me. "I won't-" I started with a laid-back smile. "Good because I thought for a second you would rat me out-"

"If you get me out of here," I grinned and looked at him with a glint in my eyes."Wait, what?" He chocked out. "If you get me out of Britain and get me in America I won't tell you off," I smiled. He frowned, folded his arms and looked away. "...I refuse." He stated as his brown became hotter due to the slight anger. "Why?" I pouted. He rolled his eyes at my immaturity. "It's to much trouble worth." He told me.

"YO GUARDS!" I yelled at the 2 guards that were standing in the garden.

"OKAY, OKAY hush-hush. I'll help you get out of Brittany! Okay!?"  He quickly hushed me and covered my mouth. I smirked as the guards came.

"What is it, Miss?" One of them asked. "Don't you two think this garden in wonderful?" I asked with a grin. The two of them nodded carefully and walked off, rolling their eyes.

"When are you leaving?" I asked the man with a giddy smile. "After my meeting." He answered with a bit of annoyance in his voice. "Okay then...go to this address at 1 am sharp," I told him and gave him a piece of paper with the address of my home. 

"Do you just carry that around?" He asked me as he accepted it. "HUSH!" I told him. "Okay, I know what to do then." He sighed. "What will we do when you get me out?" I asked with a frown. "...I'll get a horse or two and we're going to France. I know that a friend of mine is staying there for a while and he is going back the day after tomorrow at 7 am." He said and stood up.

"...What's your name?" I finally asked "In America, it's Hercules Mulligan, but in Britain it's..." "WILLIAM! The meeting is going to start!" A British man shouted from afar. "Really smooth William the third," I smirked with sarcasm. "It's a really popular name here, so that's why I chose the name. "He explained in a hushed voice. "See you tonight." I dismissed him, he nodded back and went inside.

"Well, I have my ticket out of this place." I thought.