*Chapter 9: The plan*

6th of June 1779

Y/N's P.O.V

It was time, we were going to attack the British camp in the West. After two weeks of training in our own camp and repeating codes over and over again, I felt that we were finally ready. To practice among ourselves, we made up a game. It was like a role-playing game, it was kind of fun. We divided ourselves into two groups: The Americans and the Brits. We would rehearse the whole plan and no one would die! Fun!

But the real deal would be a bit scarier. George Washington decided that I was the one to lead and give commands while the main battle was going on. We would leave at 3:42 am and go to the camp. 

3:40

"Ready guys?" I asked my other 19 soldiers. "YES, SIR!" I heard in response. Philip, Alexander, Lafayette, and Lee were all in my team. I was happy about that. It gave me a sense of security and comfort. I also gave Alexander second command and he seemed really happy about that.

3:41

"Robin, we're making history. Get ready." Hamilton told me. I smiled and went into thought for a while. I can already see the children in 300 years' time reading about me. But surely no one would make a musical about me or the rest of my group. I can't even imagine it! They surely wouldn't pick a funky music style to present us. They surely wouldn't make the king seem like this very goofy and funny character!

3:42

The time had come to move. My tiny team and I silently sneaked into the darkness of the night fully trusting our knowledge of the path toward the British camp as we couldn't even see our own camp.

Alexander's P.O.V

We moved through the night, making little to no noise. The plan was to go to the South and from there on, we'd have to be very careful. Even more so than we already were. Once there, Robin turned to us and said: "Okay, this is the moment we have been training for. You know what you've gotta do. I'll start the assault. Just follow the commands I or Alexander give you, don't be stupid and ignore our commands. If we tell you to flee, then flee like a beast. If we tell you to run straight in the crowd, man you RUN in the crowd like a majestic swan. Got it?" He asked. everyone nodded and got to their positions. "Good luck." He said and added:

"Don't die."

Robin took his position in the back, far away from his troops. We all intently stared at him as he grabbed his gun and silently loaded it. He was nervous. Always been. Very enduringly, he waited for the first Brit to show his face and without any hesitation, he aimed and fired right at his head. And thus the plan, quite literally, began with a bang.

An angry herd of Americans sprinted into the camp as the confused Brits ran out of their tent. Many didn't expect it and so we could finish the men in the South quickly and move to the East. 

"FOLLOW ME!" Robin yelled and ran to a big wide hollow trunk. We all fit, surprisingly. "Okay, we wait for 5 minutes here." Robin reminded everyone. He then handed the man who had no more bullets some bullets and sat down to be left in his own thoughts as he bit down on his nails. "Why's he nervous, everything is going well," Philip muttered to me. "Some people aren't used to war, Philip," I said before sitting down aswell.

After 5 minutes, Robin clapped his hands together. "Let's move," He said as he stood up from his We went closer to the Southern camp and Robin weaseled his way to a blind spot once again. This time, we were told to be ready to run at any time. Robin grabbed a firestarter and a small round object wrapped in an old newspaper. He lit the firestarter on the side of a tent and lit the thing on fire. The bomb wasn't actually a big danger. But the sound would be loud enough to deafen you if you were close by. So Robin threw it and ran. 

A big flash appeared and a loud bang rang into the air. We ran toward the light and, again, mass murdered all the Brits. Everything went smoothly. Except for this little, tiny, minuscule problem we faced. Robin was being an idiot.