*Chapter 27: We won*

Y/N's P.O.V

"What do you mean I'm being replaced?" I asked Washington who didn't even bother looking up from his letters. "You heard me, right?" He asked in response. My tense shoulders relaxed as the gears in my head started going into overdrive. "But... But you gave me a battalion. What? You think I'm too unstable to lead them?" I asked approaching his desk and looking at the letters. 

"One, you're unstable. Very much so. You're more unstable than a chair with 4 broken legs. That's not the reason I'm replacing you with Alexander. Second, I'm replacing your entire battalion. Alexander gets another battalion," He told me. "Excuse me?!" I hissed, losing my composure and flinging all the papers off his desk. 

"Rude-"

"Sir! They've been working harder on this than myself! You can't do this to them!" I yelled slamming my hands on the desk. "Scalewinds, listen to me for one second," 

Hesitantly, I lifted my hands off the desk. "I never said you couldn't go and fight," He said and stood up to get a paper I'd flung on the ground. He handed me the document and I immediately started reading. 

Dear general Washington,

We need two of your battalions transported to South Carolina. We need more troops to keep the Brits at bay. If you do that, we can proceed with the plan you provided.

Thank you,

General Morgan.

"Huh. Never thought he'd come back asking for help. Especially for initiating a plan you provided," I chuckled. "Wait, I'm one of the two?" I then asked to which he nodded. 

"Who's the second commander?" 

He seemed quite anxious. "Sir?" I asked a bit impatient. Defeated, he inhaled and told me:

"John Laurens,"

"..."

"..."

"So I'm resigning. I'll take the nightshift."

~a week later~

"I cannot believe I'm stuck with you until the end of the war!" John said, throwing his gun into his traveling bag. "Yo, be careful with that sh*t," I said. "I'm 21. I know how not to shoot a gun on accident, Scalewinds!" He yelled out in frustration, making all kinds of gestures with his hands. With a groan, I sat down on Philip's bed. "Why would Washington put us in the same group? I would've been fine here!" I asked myself but John answered. "Because we've been mean to each other for over two years and he's such a dad," He said, picking up his bag and going outside.

'And you're such a child,' I thought, rolling my eyes.

When I exited the tent, I saw someone out of the corner of my eye. "Hey, Alexander," I called to catch his attention. He turned around, saw me, and smiled. "Hey, Robin! You ready to head out?" He asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm not so sure. John kinda hates me and we have to work together so..." I trailed off. "Don't worry, you guys will do great!" He smiled, snapping me out of my daze with a pat. 

Thus I joined John who was standing in front of our soldiers. Arms folded, back to me, I figured he wouldn't say anything. "You ready?" He asked. A bit shocked, I nodded, realized he couldn't hear my nod, and said: "Yeah," 

We arrived at dawn. Approaching the camp, we heard cannons and gunshots getting louder and louder. When we finally arrived, general Morgan stood outside waiting for us to arrive. He gave us the command to go and fight. So without any plan or idea of what we had to do, we were sent off.