*Chapter 19: The aftermath*

25th of December 1779

Y/N's P.O.V

I awoke on a bed that wasn't mine, I knew because it was actually comfortable to lay in. The pillow was soft, the mattress was just hard enough, and the sheets were cozy. Then it all came back to me, after that kiss under the mistletoe...

After that kiss, we went back inside for dinner, I did realize that John and Philip were keeping their eyes on us. I felt dumb for throwing wine all over Philip without a good reason. I could have just asked for an explanation or talked it out, but I had to be a damn idiot.

Maybe I should apologize to him for throwing wine all over him. I stood up and set my feet on the cold wooden oak floor when I realized something. It's Christmas morning, so that means that everyone can open their presents. Including the ones I bought.

I quickly jumped out of the bed and lit a candle so I could see the what time it was on the grand father's clock in the hallway outside my room. It was around 5 am. Plenty of time to do some extra stuff.

Time skip

Philip's P.O.V

I shot up straight and looked around. I laid back down when I realized I was in my messy bedroom. Then everything from last night came back to me. After the party, John and I swapped clothes again and went to bed. He and Lafayette slept in the guestroom. Feeling pretty bad about how things ended with Y/N and John, I decided to talk it out with both of them. 

I have to admit that I know I'm a cheat. It's in my genes. It's how I was raised. Maybe it was the circumstances we met or the things we did later but Y/N didn't fall into the usual category. I feel like she gives me the power to slap the genes out of my body. I want to spend more time with her.

With that in mind, I hopped out of bed and picked out some clothes then headed downstairs. As soon as I reached the last step of the stairs, I heard: "Philip! What happened with your nice clothes I got tailored yesterday?!"

Oh no... That's Angelica.

Y/N's P.O.V

I heard yelling come from the living room. I decided to be obnoxious and lean against the door of the kitchen to listen to the conversation. "What happened to it?" I could hear Angelica ask, tapping her foot on the wooden floor. "Y/N threw red wine over it," I was assuming Philip was the person on the other side. "She wouldn't do that," Angelica replied.

Sudden guilt flowed over me as I bit my lip. That was a big mistake because I bit on the wound from the glass cut and it hurt like hell. 

"Whatever. How are we going to clean this?" Angelica groaned. "White wine?" Philip suggested. "And waste even more wine on your suit? Definitely not," She hissed. I felt so bad for ruining his suit now. Maybe I could repay them with my leftover British pounds. 

Which would be very impossible for me to do. Why? Because I was putting all the British pounds I had into the army. Washington doesn't have any British money. So every time he sends American money to the merchants, I go to the city, exchange the American money for the British pounds and then go to the black market to trade that money for pounds at a very steep price. For every pound, I give the value times 5. 

I would tell the general what's going on. However, Washington is very stressed out and if the funds are one less thing to worry about then so be it. If my family back in Britain wasn't very VERY rich I wouldn't be able to do this at all. 

But they are so I can just go to the British bank, give a birth certificate that proves I'm from the bloodline and pick up the money I need. It was for the greater good so I never questioned my decisions morally. 

Anyway, irrelevant to the topic at hand.

As I was being an obnoxious brat and eavesdropping on their conversation, someone entered the kitchen from the backdoor and popped up behind me. "What'cha doing?" I gasped in surprise and turned around. It was Alex. 

"Nothing," I lied. He raised an eyebrow before hearing Angelica yell at Philip some more. "Oh, you're eavesdropping," He grinned. "SHSHHSHSH, no I'm not!" I shout whispered, feeling my face heat up.

"Oh my god, you totally are," He said, poking my shoulder. "Am not!" I insisted. "Don't you have anything to do?" I asked. He paused for a minute. "Oh, sh*t. The beavers," He gasped before running off. "The beavers?! What beavers?!" I yelled as he quickly exited from the backdoor. 

I sighed before turning my attention back to the living room to eavesdrop on Philip and Angelica. But when I looked, I suddenly noticed they were gone. I frowned slightly until I felt two arms snake around my waist and pull me into a hug.

"Stranger danger!" I yelled as I began kicking around. "HEY HEY! CALM DOWN! IT'S ME! IT'S PHILIP!" I heard from behind me as he let me go. "Can you refrain from doing that?" I asked as I gained my composure. "I'm so sorry for being so ignorant," He said as I turned to face him. "I know I'm a terrible person. But that was... I don't want to be that person anymore," He explained.

I felt guilty for the suit. So much so that I almost couldn't sleep. I did practice what I was going to say to Philip after facing him again. I took a deep breath in and said: "Yeah... Sorry about your suit, bro," 

What the f*ck was that? Seriously?! Did I just call him bro?! DAMN. This is what happens when you put a girl in the middle of a group of men who don't show emotions 24/7!

He was a bit taken aback as I basically didn't respond to any of his confessions. "Erm... Don't worry about it!" He smiled nervously. 

Oh, great! You made this extremely awkward! Good job, Y/N. You DA MAN!

After that very awkward situation, he took me to the couch where everyone was sitting around the Christmas tree. The kids had already begun opening their gifts. A got a few presents as well. Angelica had given a dress that had a note attached to it. When I looked at it, I saw that it was an invitation.

Dear Y/N

The whole Hamilton family would appreciate it,
if you would come to the winter ball on the 15th of January 1780.
It will be uptown, in the mansion of Philip Schuyler.
We all hope that you can make it.

Much love

The Hamilton and Schuyler family

"That's so nice," I smiled. "So you're coming right?" Angelica asked. 

"Of course!" I smiled.