You Know He Is Lying (4/4)

Ash and Michaels are sad, and Luke and Calum's are happy. :) [by Eliza, cutestcliffords]

------

ASHTON:

            “Ashton…” you sighed. It was hard to look into his eyes. His hazel eyes always told you when he was lying.

            “What? I told you I didn’t do anything.” His accented words were slurred and he looked at you blankly. Just by the scent of alcohol on his breath you knew the slight bruising on his neck wasn’t an accident/

            “I know, Ashton, I know.” There were tears in your eyes, and they stung a little bit more than usual. Probably because you knew this was the last time.

            “Why are you crying?” he whispered drunkenly, reaching out a hand to touch your cheek. You moved it away gently and smiled.

            “I’m just happy to see you,” you said. He rested his head on the back of the couch, looking up at the ceiling.

            “I love you,” he slurred. Even though you couldn’t see his eyes, you knew what they would tell you.

            “It’s okay, Ashton.” You didn’t want him to have to lie to you anymore. He didn’t respond.

            “I’m going to head home. You get some rest, okay?” You patted his hand gently and stood up. You knew it was the last time you would see him, and you knew that it was supposed to be. For his sake. You didn’t want to keep him unsatisfied any longer. He deserved more, but was too amazing to tell you. Maybe he wasn’t ready to admit it, but you didn’t want to make him pretend anymore.

            “You’re going?” he stood up hurriedly.

            “Yes, I am.” You tried to keep your voice from wavering. “Goodbye, Ashton.” He looks at you again with a sad pout, and you give in, wrapping your arms around his familiar torso. He did the same, holding you tightly like he always did. His soft curls brushed the side of your face.

            You could smell her perfume on him.

            With one last look into his regrettably lying eyes, you walked out the door.

LUKE:

“Stop lying, Luke!” you laughed, smacking his shoulder. He flinched away from you, letting a giggle slip out and falling back onto the couch.

            “I’m not! I really do like that movie!” he insisted.

            “No! You liar! There’s no way you like that movie more than I do!” It was your favorite, and you talked about it way too much to be healthy.

            Luke eyed you from where he had fallen back onto the couch. “Can you quote every line?”

            You didn’t even hesitate before answering. “Of course.”

            He narrowed his eyes at you before breaking his composure and laughing. “Well, do you want to watch it?”

            You smiled too. Just the sight of him laughing made you smile. “If you can take it,” you challenged, picking up the Xbox controller and searching Netflix for the movie.

            “I think I’ll manage,” his low voice cut back at you. You glared at him before grinning again. “Shut up.”

            Once the movie was started, you sat back on the couch, pulling your legs up underneath you. A minute of the movie passed by before Luke’s big hand reached out and pulled you down onto him. You rolled your eyes as he put his arm over your stomach, lying behind you.