The First...#2~Tyler

You and Tyler were in the hospital, Tyler just outside the room, texting Josh and once and awhile pacing the floor outside the room. He was outside with his mother talking to him soothingly, and his father chuckling saying he did the exact same thing as Tyler. Your parents were outside as well, your mother chatting to Tyler as well, trying to calm him down, all the while both your parents texting your siblings and smiling knowing their grandchild was arriving into the world.

You were just inside the other room, screaming life out of you into a pillow.They had given you drugs for the pain, but the pain kicked in faster than the drugs, so, you had to endure the pain till the drugs kicked in. You wished you had Tyler with you, but the nurses had strongly suggested he stayed outside.

After what seemed like years, the drugs had kicked in and the nurses could get to work and bring L.J into the world. You took a few deep breaths and listened to the nurses instructions, and that was that.

"Tyler?" A nurse called from the room. Tyler turned around abruptly, his eyes went wide in terror, the nurse's gloves were covered in blood.

"Y-yes." Tyler choked out still staring at the nurse's gloves.

The nurse seemed to notice as she chuckled "Oh, sweetie, the blood isn't from your wife, I just got done with a surgery." She chuckled. The comment only seemed to fill the room with tension as everyone turned in horror. She cleared her throat before announcing loudly "The surgery was successful, everyone is fine." She said calmly.

Everyone let out a hefty breath before Tyler and both of you parents and Tyler's parents got up, following the nurse.

You look up as Tyler enters the room, your eyes were wet with tears as you looked down at your baby boy. Tyler sighed in relief and bent down next to you and your little boy.

"Is it-?"

"It's a boy Tyler, and oh my god he has your voice." You comment tiredly.

"How does he have my voice?"

"When he came out, he sounded just like you, loud and screaming." You chuckle. Everyone in the room chuckles and you look down at the boy.

"Well, we already agreed on a name." Tyler announces to the two pairs of grandparents.

"We're naming him Sheppard." You say after Tyler. Your mother smiles and nods. Your father gives a confused smirk and shrugs before smiling as well as your mother jabs him.

Sheppard is an odd name, but you two liked it and that was what mattered. Tyler's mother smiled and squealed before hugging her husband,him smiling at Tyler.

Tyler looked down at the two of you and you smiled up at him before nodding down at Sheppard meaningfully. Tyler smiled and took Sheppard from you carefully, holding him close as if he were scared to lose him.

There was one thing for sure in your family.

You and Tyler were going to be fine parents.