70. Puzzle

'I went along fief and ice

ups and downs, heaftbfeaks

still I'm with you tonight,'

Jae risked another glance towards his best friend, Taeil and Lauren were kissing again too lost in each other, but right next to them someone entered the crowd and Jae noticed Doyoung, the boy was so happy, but there was someone holding his hand, and Jae nearly stopped to sing when he noticed Minju, Sicheng's sister and Taeil's ex. She cuddled into Doyoung and both winked to Jae. When has this happened, probably during New Year's Eve but how did Doyoung manage to keep it a secret for so long.

Jae smiled and shook his head.

'Tonight I'll let you ffee

Tonight I'm who I want to be

Tonight you will stay with me

because of tonight I will always be me.'

Jae sang grinning too himself when he watched the happy couples in the crowd. His friends found love and he wanted to hug them with this song tell how amazing he feels because of their happiness, and in this moment his eyes crossed the room and laid on a distant stand. A dark wall was separating the two balconies from the main exit and there was a figure leaned against it, causing Jae's heart to hammer loud, no it was just his mind his imagination, it could be anyone, tall and skinny in a black hood covering his face.

Jae nearly dropped the microphone and he sang a few wrong notes watching the person that was in the crowd. It can be anyone, it's just someone similar, his mind told him so he closed his eyes to concentrate. He sang the next lines like that but when he opened his eyelids the place at the wall was empty and Jae felt fear. The song came to the end and he bowed down quickly with the crowd exploding with applause, but Jae wasn't really there, he searched the balconies and the theatre looking for this person, for this shadow. Mark needed to tap his shoulder to make him leave the stage. Jae ran down the stairs then along an aisle when Mark's rap filled the building again. He was getting through the small passageways between people nearly colliding with some while fans made photos of him. He was in the main exit when he nearly bumped into Ten, who was standing in the middle of the corridor and watching a girl with very bushy wet hair who was slowly walking to him.

"Rachel?" said Ten and Jae stopped for a moment.

"Ten I'm so sorry, so so sorry," the girl cried.

She was soaked in but she walked to the boy in an unsteady way.

"I quit my bad job I swear and here, I started an anti drug therapy," she placed a rain wet paper into his hands and Ten shivered. "I hope one day you can for..."

But Ten grabbed her in his arm and burrowed his head in her curls too happy to even speak and Jae guessed it was the only way to express his love. This night was special fol all his friends but Jae knew it was just his wish when he ran out of the theatre into the heavy rain, that hit him ruining his make up, hair, and the stage outfit. He was running around checking each place glancing into each parked car, till he saw a boy with a black hood on the other side of the street, he was like drunk when he got there panting loud.

"Excuse me!" he said and the man turned to him causing Jae to nearly fall on the pavement when he noticed a way older face than the one he was looking for. "Soffy," muttered Jae while the guy glanced at him strangely and kept walking.

It has probably been him, he looked like a typical football fan and didn't like the concert or Mark's rap, to less swearwords. Jae shivered. He wasn't in the mood to go into the theatre and see the encore, and all this happiness. Lauren and Taeil, Doyoung and Minju, Ten and Rachel, Yuta and Sicheng, and Mark as the star of the night, it all fitted in perfectly like the puzzles that finally found the places where they were meant to be, only he was left out.

 Lauren and Taeil, Doyoung and Minju, Ten and Rachel, Yuta and Sicheng, and Mark as the star of the night, it all fitted in perfectly like the puzzles that finally found the places where they were meant to be, only he was left out

Thank you so so much for being here 💕

What do you think about Doyoung? What about Ten and Rachel making up? Will Jae find his missing piece?

Also I know we all have been deeply touched by yesterday's sudden tragic event. When times are hard we're here for each other, to give each other hope and strength. Remember that life is precious it has a meaning, a purpose, never lose faith 💛

Much <3