new book!!

[chapter going up in the next few days]

hi y'all, i made a new book if you're interested.

title: flowers and the sun

description:
"I could stare into your eyes for hours, babe," he breathed out, smirking.

----

Lyla Roberts. The girl with the English accent, who's a little strange, reserved, and not used to boys, but most importantly, new.

Adams High School. A high school in a small town in Southern California, who hardly ever gets new students.

Asher Skyes. The cute boy with dark eyes, who continuously finds a way to be with Lyla.

How will these two young teen's lives collide, and more urgently, what happened in Lyla's life to make her act this way?

**

excerpt:
I took a deep breath, and walked through the doors of this red centred school. My pale blue eyes scanned the crowded hallways, taking in every inch of what would soon be my new school for two long years. I attempted to follow the directions the man with the moustache had given me outside, but it was a bit overwhelming. This school was so red, like the set of a play would be, when they attempt to make a funeral scene. It was so dismal, so gothic, and it gave me the creeps. I walked with my head down, best not to be noticed yet. I swept my eyes over the halls again, trying to find where he told me to go. Straight across, then when you come across the grey door, go in, that's where the counsellor's office is. I suddenly wished I was back in my yellow room in Bristol, but no, I was here, in Southern California, trying to find a grey door. What a life I live, isn't it?

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a flash of grey. I spun upon my heels, and smiled, seeing the dull door and moving towards it. I put my
hand on the cool metal, and turned the knob. I walked into a middle aged, brown haired lady, with creases from smiling so much near her eyes, and her dark skin glistening under the window. She was smiling, and sitting behind a pale desk.

Why is everything here so hot and cold? It's either overwhelming or underwhelming, I can't keep up with it.

"Hello! You must be Lyla Roberts, I'm Mrs. Johnson, the school counsellor," the lady said with a warm smile, gesturing to the chair in front of her desk. I smiled back and pulled out the worn, wooden chair.

"So, I hear you come from Bristol?" she said, evidently attempting to make conversation as she went through a file. I nodded.

"Yes, I do, in fact, come from Bristol," I responded, selecting my words carefully. I hoped she wouldn't comment on my accent. It had a bit of Irish in it, from living a year there.

"Well that's quite interesting. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends. People are friendly here," she smiled again. I liked her. I hoped to see her more.

"Oh- erm, thank you, I hope I will," I said, awkwardly. She laughed softly, and I followed her lead.

"Well, here's your schedule. Would you like me to call someone to show you around?" she asked, still beaming her pearl-white teeth in a smile. I returned the smile.

"Erm- yeah, that'd be nice," I responded, pronouncing my words carefully. I refused to let my problems overcome me here.

Mrs. Johnson smiled once again, and picked up the black phone next to her. She said something, but I was too busy in my own thoughts. What if nobody liked me here? What if the problems of my past came back to haunt me? I dismissed these thoughts quickly, reminding myself I had to stay strong for my little sister.

"Well, I've found a young man who's gotten all the same classes as you. His name is Asher Skyes, and he's a junior, like you," she announced, handing me a piece of paper, with my schedule printed on it. The printer must've been running out of ink, the colours were faded and had a brownish tint. Not that I minded, it gave it character.

I heard the door open behind us, and within a matter of seconds I was in the hallway, thanking Mrs. Johnson. She smiled and closed the heavy grey door.

I turned to Asher. He had deep brownish yellow eyes, dark hair, and matching under eye circles. He was wearing a plain white tee shirt, and jeans. He had tan skin, and was significantly taller than me. I wasn't short, but this boy was tall.

"Erm- hi, I'm Lyla," I said, looking down at the patterned floor. I heard a low chuckle, followed by a voice that reminded me of honey.

"You have a cute accent. I'm Asher," he spoke. I blushed and looked down more, hiding behind my long, dark hair.

"T-thanks," I stuttered before looking back up. He was smiling at me. I felt my heart momentarily stop. I wasn't used to guys being around me whilst being nice, let alone complimenting me.

He smiled again and grabbed my wrist, leading me down the hallway. My skin burned in his touch, but in a good way. Almost, tolerable.

***

Hi guys! So, this is a little excerpt of the first chapter of my new book!! read if you're interested.