Chapter One

This was it. This is it. The escape. I kept running, fastest out of two others due to my small stature.
I was in front, Bella, my brothers pregnant wife, was after me, then Anthony at the end. My ears flattened as I could hear Coursers, Synths, and Institute Scientists coming after us, shooting. As one synth dropped dead, I quickly grabbed their gun and extra fusion cells and started shooting at a Courser. When we got to the elevator i started rapidly pushing the button as a new wave of synths came after us. We got in quickly but right as the doors closed I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.
"SHIT" I yelled before I covered my hand over the wound on my arm.
"Annie what's wrong?" I looked up to see a worried Bella. I quickly ripped off a piece of my jumper before hissing in pain as I tied it tightly around my arm, "It's nothing. Im fine."
When the doors opened we quickly ran to the relay. "Here I'll get it you and Bella get in there" I said to Anthony as I started typing quickly.
"Hell no." Suddenly I was pushed into the relay with Bella as Anthony finished it. Right when I felt the rumbling of the relay, I saw the doors to the side of the room bust open as a ton of Synths and Coursers barged into the room.
Bella started screaming and crying for Anthony to hurry while I just stood with my eyes wide. Anthony smiled at us and waved goodbye with tears in his eyes before we were relayed out. That was it. That was when I lost my last family member.