Chapter Two

I sighed as I put on my beanie and equipped my katana and laser rifle. The one I grabbed while escaping. My ears flattened as I remembered it. It was my fault. If I had been as stubborn as I usually am he would be here with his wife and children. But I let him down.
Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder, "Annette it wasn't your fault.." I looked at Bella and smiled softly. 17 years and she still looks the same. Unlike me and Anthony she was human so she's pretty lucky. We were alive before the war. We didn't get a place in the Vault so when the bombs fell we got mutated with our feline friends. Our species, we're rare.
"I'm gonna go say goodbye to Izzy and Adam before I leave." Bella nodded and went back into her room.
I walked to the twin's room and went in. "Hey Aunt Annie" Elizabeth smiled. "Hey hun. I just came to say goodbye. I'm going to hunt for some food."
Elizabeth wasn't born with the mutation but still has impeccable hearing. Adam was born with it. He acts just like Anthony. "Be careful Anne. I've been picking up some pretty weird readings lately. It looks like a Courser but I'm not sure." Except for that. He gets the technical smarts from yours truly.
"I'll be okay. Thank you hun" I smiled and hugged them both before grabbing my book bag and leaving. 17 years later and they're still looking for me. I'm not surprised. I was one of the best, even before the bombs fell. My IQ is well above the genius standards and my agility is amazing.
-2 hours later-
I sighed. I only got a few Radstag and mole rat meat. "That's not gonna be enough.." I muttered.
I stopped in place as I heard someone else's steps. Power Armor. I quickly hid in a nearby bus. Standing at only 4'11" and a little under 100 pounds it wasn't hard doing it stealthily. I wrapped my tail around my stomach, having it blend in with my shirt.
I don't mind fighting humans, but people with Power Armor are a bit more tough, considering my go to weapon is my trusty katana.
I listened closely, "What are you doing after your shift?" "I'm definitely getting that Salisbury steak." It was a male and female.
"oh oka- WAIT NO THAT'S MINE-" "Stop chit chatting and do your duty!" A third voice suddenly boomed. I peeked out and finally saw where I was. The airport. Brotherhood territory. Shit.