Chapter Fourteen

I gasped for air as I was relayed back to the airport. "Weakling" I glared at Dr. Li, "Shut up. It's been years."
"Dr. Li. Welcome back." We both looked behind us and saw Elder Maxson. I stood up straight, "Knight Annette. I got your message. I want you to rest and come see me when you get your strength back." I nodded and saluted him, thankful that I finally get a break. As I started to walk away, I heard steps catch up to mine. I looked behind me and saw Danse catch up with me.
"Paladin, is something wrong?" He looked at me a bit angrily, "Are you working with the Institute? I heard your brother and nephew talking about it when they were leaving." I sighed. Fucking loud mouth. "I was going to explain this when I talked to Elder Maxson. I made a deal with Shaun that if he let me and Anthony free I would work with them. We could use this against them. Get secret information. They don't know that I'm a part of the Brotherhood, so they trust me more. And if they do happen to find out... Then I'll die with my lips zipped. If that happens I need you to promise me that my family will be protected. They don't need to be a part of this. It's too dangerous. "
His angry expression went to a worried one. He shook it off and nodded, "I promise. Even if I have to protect them myself." I smiled and hugged him. He got a bit stiff before hugging back. I let go and continued walking home with him following me.
It was quiet. Not awkward. A comfortable silence. Suddenly I stopped. It was the jewelry shop from my dream. The one my mom died in.. "Knight Annette? Is something wrong?"
I ignored him and ran in and straight to the back. There was the safe. It's still here. I quickly got a bobby pin from my hair and attempted to open it. I groaned and started cussing under my breath as the bobby pin broke. After two more failed attempts, I was finally able to get in it. I opened it shakily. I took the ammo and the gun. The rest was pre-war money. My ears flattened and I stood up. As I walked out I felt Danse pass me as he went to the safe.
"Knight is this what you were looking for?" I looked him and he had the locket. My eyes widened and I started tearing up as I shakily took it. It was just like the one in my dream. I opened it.. I covered my mouth. It still had the pictures. It was a bit damaged but I didn't care. Danse looked over my shoulder at it, "Is that.."
"I-It's my mom.. and Anthony before the war.." I went on to tell him about the dream.
"So that's why you ran over here.." I nodded and put the necklace on. When I looked at him he was staring at me but looked lost. "Paladin Danse? Is everything okay?" I said as I snapped my fingers, getting his attention. He sighed and looked down looking like he was deep in thought. I started to get worried. "Sir is everything alr-"
Suddenly I was caught off guard with the feeling of lips on mine. My eyes widened when I realized he was kissing me. I eventually started to kiss back. By the time he pulled away, both of our faces were on fire. "S-Sir.."
He sighed, "I wanted to go off the record here. Ever since that night.. I've felt differently about you. I've been more worried about you than I have my other recruits, even though you're the strongest. I've never felt love.. but I think that's what I feel for you.. I will understand if you happen to not fe-"
I cut him off by kissing him deeply. I smiled as I felt him instantly kiss back. Things slowly got heated and before I knew it I was on the desk, making out with the one and only. It was gonna be a long night.

//( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)