Chapter Eight

I looked around and noticed Iwas in a shopping mart. I looked around and noticed that it was before the war. I quickly felt my head and noticed I didn't have any cat ears and smiled widely. I quickly walked to the pet isle and saw no other than my mom getting wet cat food. "MOM!" I quickly ran to her and attempted to hug her but I just went through her. "H-Huh..?" I looked back at her and she doesn't seem fazed. She started to walk away and I followed her, "M-Mom..?" She paid for her stuff and got in the car. As she placed the bags in the backseat I got in. I don't know why something was telling me to. I sat there for about 10 minutes before she pulled into a jewelry store. I tilted my head in confusion before she got out and walked in. I quickly followed her, "Welcome! How may I help you?"
"I'm here to pick up a necklace," I heard my mom smile and reply before signing a sheet, "It's the pendent with picture of me and a boy."
I saw the sales man walk in the back when suddenly a group of men busted through the door with guns. My eyes widened as did my moms. One of the men instantly pulled a gun on my mom and I got in the way, trying to protect her. It was no use.. the bullet went trough me and straight into my moms chest. I started sobbing as she fell to the floor. I ran to her and right when I was fixing to reach her, everything melted away. All there was was an open safe with a necklace inside. I shakily walked to it and picked up the necklace. It had "Annie" on the front and when I opened it.. It had a picture of my mother and Anthony.. I clutched it tightly to my chest and started sobbing harder. I fell to my knees. She died... for me...
Suddenly I jolted up to see a concerned Bella. I looked next to me and saw Haylen as she quickly pulled her hands away from my shoulders.
"W-What happened..? What time is it?" I said hoarsely. Bella got me some water as Haylen explained, "After you came back to the Prydwen you had a bad wound in your leg that caused you to black out. We bandaged your leg and I suggested that you come back here since you're familiar here. It took a little convincing but I was able to have a vertibird bring you back."
"How long was I out..?"
Bella was the one to talk this time, "About five days.. It's a miracle you're still alive."
"I have to go back. Paladin Danse is gonna expect you back as soon as you start feeling better," Haylen said before looking at Bella, "It was a pleasure meeting you and your children," she looked back at me and saluted, "Ad Victoriam, Knight Annette." she said before leaving. Bella left as well and I got up and went to my dresser. I'll probably go back in the morning. It's nothing more than a numbing sensation. I got some PJs one before I hear a knock at my door. "Come in" I said before Bella came in with some grilled radstag. I smiled and took it from her, "Thank you."
"It's no problem. You need the energy. I'll be in my room if you need anything." She replied before leaving.
I ate the radstag quickly and sighed. There was no way Im going back to sleep. I sighed and looked around. I saw my guitar and grabbed it before playing a few random strings. I got bored of it quickly and decided to build a few turrets for peace of mind.
-3 hours later-
I built 2 turrets and loaded them with the right bullets. I went upstairs to my room and got dressed in my BOS jumper. I went downstairs and saw Elizabeth on the couch attempting to read a burnt comic. She looked up and her eyes widened, "Youre awake!" she ran to me and hugged me tightly. I chuckled and hugged back.
"Wait- Where are you going?" she asked slightly upset.
"I have to go back to the airport hun. We need the protection and the caps." I replied. She sighed and nodded, "Yea I guess.. Just be careful. Please.." I smiled and promised before I left back to the airport.