Chapter Six

I put on my beanie and wrapped my tail around my stomach before putting on a shirt. I went out of my room and downstairs where Danse was waiting outside while Bella was in the living room.
"Are you sure you wanna do this?" She looked worried. I wouldn't blame her; I'm a mutant going to a place full of mutant killers. "I'll be fine. We need all the protection we can get, especially with the rise of Coursers." I smiled and hugged her tightly. "I'll be back with updates. I promise."
She nodded before I left to meet Danse outside, "You ready?" I nodded before we left off.
-time skip to da airport-
"Follow me and dont talk to anyone." I nodded and followed close behind. I could feel eyes staring at me, it was a bit uncomfortable if I'm honest.
As we walked into the airport, I followed him to a part were they had a vertibird and a bunch of bustling people. I zoned out watching everyone while Danse talked to the pilot.
"-nnette. ANNETTE!" I jumped at the sudden bark of my name and looked at Danse. "Lets go."
I attempted to get in but kept slipping and struggling. I heard the two people in Power Armor snicker as they watched in amusement. Danse was already in the other side. I blushed out of embarrassment, "P-Paladin Danse..? I kinda need h-help.." Suddenly the two buddies behind me bursted out laughing.
Danse got out and glared at them until one noticed, stop laughing, and alerted the other who instantly stopped when he took notice as well.
"Dont you have work to be doing?" After he asked that they quickly straightened up and turned around.
I felt helpless when Danse lifted me into the vertibird. Like a child. I hated it. "Thank you.."
"No problem " he replied before hopping back in the other side. I held on tightly as it lifted in the air. I looked around stunned. I never knew that the Commonwealth could look like this. It's beautiful in a weird way.
I hopped off once it landed on the larger ship. As I looked around I could hear Danse talking to someone else.
"Welcome back to the ship Paladin."
"Thank you sir. Is Elder Maxson accepting visitors? I have a recruit I'd like to refer." I walked behind Danse and looked up at the other man.
"Her? Seriously? Are you sure someone her age should just be a squire?" I looked blankly at him and replied, "If I may speak, sir, I'm actually 25", "Plus from what I've seen from her, her agility is impeccable" Danse added.
"Well okay. He is accepting visitors. Welcome aboard. I'm Lancer-Captain Kells" I nodded and shook his hand, "Annette."
I looked at Danse as he started walking away and I followed close behind. As we walked in I could see a few people doing repairs even some having small talk. I followed Danse into a spacious room. I sat in one of the seats, a bit nervous, and looked at who I assumed was Maxson. He kinda scared me. He looked at Danse and did some salute, "Paladin." Danse saluted back before speaking, "Elder, there's a recruit I'd like to refer," He looked at me and motioned me over. I walked over and stood next to him while Maxson glanced at me then back at Danse, "You know as well as I do that we don't make jokes."
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, "Sir this isn't a joke. She helped me fight off a Radscorpion and a Courser. I had gotten injured and the pace she had her and her family at let's me know that she's smarter than the rest."
"And why would a Courser be anywhere near her?" Shit.