Chapter Fifteen (Trigger Warning)

I groaned as I sat up. I don't remember much of what happened after.. "The Incident". The last thing I remember was being carried before passing out. As I walked to the bathroom, my ears perked up and I looked into the open guest room and saw Danse. He sat on the side of the bed, looking deep in thought. I shrugged it off and let him be. I went into the bathroom and washed myself off briefly. I put my hair in a ponytail before walking out. I looked in the guest room and he was still lost in thought. I was getting worried. I walked over and leaned on the door frame, "Paladin Danse are you okay?" He looked at me and motioned me over. I looked at him confused but closed the door before walking towards him. "We need to talk about last night."
I nodded and sat down, trying to hide my blush, "Go on sir."
"The Brotherhood can't know anything about that. Or about.. us. And most importantly, we can't let our relationship get in the way of our missions." I couldn't hide the blush anymore when he said "relationship". I've only been in one and it was before the war. "I understand completely, Paladin. Was that all?" He nodded, "We should get going. Elder Maxson is still waiting to hear your plan. "
I nodded as we both walked out of the room. "Annette," I looked behind me and Anthony was motioning me to his room. I walked to him and he looked me in the eyes, "Whats going on? Are you two..." I knew where he was getting at and shrugged, "I dont know. I think so.. Either way if someone else from the Brotherhood Of Steel is over, don't mention anything about it. With both of us being in it, we could get in a ton of trouble, possibly even kicked out. And right now they're the only way the Institute is gonna be destroyed," I paused, "...Plus the Brotherhood means everything to Danse. He'd be lost if he got kicked out." I looked up at Anthony and he was smirking. "What?" He ignored my question and agreed not to say anything.
I walked downstairs and met up with Danse. "Theres a vertibird outside. Lets go." I nodded and got in the vertibird as we took off.
-15 minutes later-
Once we were on the vertibird I started to get nervous. He could kill me if he doesn't believe me. And my family. I just got Anthony back.. Dr. Li needed to inform Danse about a mission we were going on later so im on my own this time. I walked into the Elder's quarters and he already had a recorder set up. "Ah. Knight Annette. Sit." I nodded and sat across from him.
He pressed play and began to speak, "So your nephew told me you have ways of getting top secret information from the Institute. How?"
I cleared my throat and fiddled with my thumbs nervously, "W-Well.. I had made a deal with them. I'm working in all four attributes of the Institute, Advanced Systems, Bioscience, Robotics, and the Synth Retention Bureau, which mostly consists of Coursers. We could use it to our advantage. They don't know that I'm in the Brotherhood Of Steel so that seems to make them trust me more. If they happen to find out then you or anyone in the Brotherhood will have to worry. I'll die with my lips zipped."
He raised an eyebrow, "Have you found anything out yet?"
I shook my head before I remembered he was recording it, "No sir. I'm to report to Father today for my first mission as a Courser. "
He nodded, "I want details of your mission when you get it."
I agreed and he turned off the recorder. I got up and walked to the door. I opened it a crack before it was slammed back shut. "Did I say you were dismissed, Knight?" I heard Maxson whisper in my ear as they flattened. I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes. Suddenly I was pushed up against the door as I was forced into a deep kiss. I attempted to push him away but it did nothing. I started crying and he went down to my neck. "P-Please S-Stop!" When I said that he suddenly started sucking oh my neck hard. I blurted out the first thing that came to mind, "PLEASE I HAVE A BOYFRIEND STOP!"
That seemed to work. He stopped and looked at me for a bit. I whimpered as he let go of me, "Dismissed." I instantly got up and ran out. I ran to the lower part of the main deck and bumped into someone.
"Oh sorr- Knight Annette? Are you okay?" I looked up and saw a concerned Haylen. I curled up and wrapped my tail around me, "I-I need to talk to D-Danse.." She instantly nodded and got me up. She walked me upstairs and into the room on the right of the ladder, "Just lay down and I'll be back here with Paladin Danse." I nodded shakily and climbed on the bed as she closed the door. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest and hid my face. Then it hit me. Would he believe me? Would anyone believe me? I know my family would but then they'd attempt to kill Maxson and I don't want them dead because of me..
I started crying harder and I felt someone rub my back as the spot next to me sank in, "Annette what's wrong?" I looked up and saw Danse next to me and Haylen at the door. He looked at Haylen with a questionable look and she shrugged. She glanced at my neck as I hid my face again. I felt my hair move around and I tensed up, "Who did that?" I heard anger in his voice. I instantly started crying again and shook my head. I heard the door open and close as I felt Danse pull me in his lap. "I'm gonna kill whoever did this.." I instantly shook my head again. I heard him sigh and pet my head. Eventually I calmed down and looked up at him, "P-Please come with me whenever I have to meet with Elder Maxson.." He gave me a questionable look but agreed.
-3 hours later-
I had just gotten back from the Institute and on the Prydwen. Apparently we were supposed to retrieve some synths the Railroad had smuggled. My ears flattened as I got nervous. I felt and oversized hand on my shoulder, "It'll be okay, Knight." I nodded as we went in. Elder Maxson was in the room he's usually in. I walked in, "Elder Maxson? I have the mission sir." He turned to look at me, "Go on."
I recalled the mission to him and he nodded, "I see. When you find the synths, execute them." I nodded, "Yes sir." He saluted me and I saluted back before leaving. "Knight Annette you need to head there by yourself. I'll be with one if the waves they're sending in." I nodded in reply to Danse as we headed our separate ways.
As I reached the place pinned on my pipboy, I could already see multiple Gens 1s and 2s along with a Courser. "Ma'am" the Courser greeted me. I gave him a small wave in return before suddenly we were swarmed by the Brotherhood. I quickly dodged their bullets as I attempted to find a way in. I went through a door left open on the side with the Courser following me. He took ahead and led me to a latch in the floor.
I opened it and jumped down. I was surprised to already see Brotherhood and synths in there. I quickly ran and dodged bullets while attempting to kill the Railroad guards. Once I got to a hiding spot I took a small break. "Ma'am if I may ask, why are you not killing the Brotherhood as well?" I looked at him like he was crazy, "They have MINIGUNS with POWER ARMOR! You try killing them without getting ripped into shreds!"
He seemed to understand and didn't ask anymore questions, although that was only half the truth.
We went on and killed a few more Railroad before we reached the synths. There were four. "Please don't take us back!" I looked at the female one, "Oh I won't." I replied before shooting her in the head, killing her instantly. "Ma'am we're supposed to be taking them back. I'll have to exterminate you and report your actions." I yelped as he shot my arm. I quickly started shooting back.
Suddenly my gun stopped shooting, "What the fuck?!" I had just put a new cartridge in it! I ducked behind an air vent and checked my gun. Jammed. Great. Suddenly I heard a minigun go off as all of the synths dropped dead. I poked my head up and back down quickly as they started shooting at me, "WOAH WOAH WATCH THE FRIENDLY FIRE!"
"Sorry, Knight!" I heard Rhys reply. I walked out of my hiding place, "You came at a perfect time. My damn gun jammed up" I said as I picked up the Courser's gun. I followed him out and looked around. Most of the Brotherhood was alive. I saw some that didn't... Make it..
"You go on, Knight Rhys. I'm gonna get their holotags." He nodded and went off. As I got each of their holotags, my ears flattened and I had a dreadful fear that I might find Danse's.. As I got the last one I heard a familiar voice behind me, "Good job, soldier. Let's go, there's a vertibird waiting for us." My ears perked up and I instantly got excited as I saw Danse. I nodded and followed him to the vertibird and we were off to the Prydwen.