Chapter Five

"I-I- W-well yea.."
"It was beautiful." I smiled softly as I could feel my face heat up lightly. "Thank you.. By the way I'm Annette. The people who helped you are Adam, Elizabeth, and Bella." I got up and put my guitar off to the side before walking to him and shaking his hand. "I'm Paladin Danse. Is- uh.. Is that what you meant by "All cats land on their feet"?"
He pointed at my ears a bit, "Yea.. It's a rare mutation. You had to be near an animal when the bombs fell to have it or, in Adam's case, have a parent with the mutation. The only other person I know that had it was Ant- er- my brother.."
"Wait so you were alive before the war?" He asked a bit wide eyed. I nodded, "I got mutated with my cat. I can hear almost everything, which is kinda disturbing, but it's better than being dead or being a ghoul."
An awkward silence fell between us before Bella barged in, "Is he- Good. You should be better to go back to the airport by tomorrow." She smiled lightly.
"Oka- wait what about my Power Armor?" He asked looking a bit concerned.
"No worries. We got it here and Annie fixed it up." I smiled softly.
Bella walked off and I sat back in my seat, grabbing my guitar and playing a few random strings.
"I want you to come back to the Prydwen with me." My ears perked up at his sudden words and I looked at him, "Why?"
"You could be a great advantage to the Brotherhood." "But what about my family? I'm the strongest one here I cant leave them alone.."
He smiled fairly slightly, "I'm sure O can make arrangements for your family to be protected."
I nodded hesitantly, "Okay.. I'll go."