Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Shays P.O.V.

As we walked down the beach I saw Zayn dive into the water, his muscular back was perfectly arched and then as he went under, I watched as his head bobbed back up as he shook his hair out. It looked like he and his friend were having a deep conversation when I first glanced at them.

"Lets go!" I said, trying to hurry the girls up. Finally they rushed down the beach with me. Zayn had come out of the water and seen me. I smiled and waved to an on coming, full speed ahead Zayn and laughed. I realised almost instantly what he was doing so I dropped my things and ran. All his friends were watching as Zayn followed close behind me laughing along with me.

Liam's P.O.V.

Zayn had told us how gorgeous this girl was but he never mentioned the full extent of her beauty. I, along with the guys, were watching as Zayn ran towards 3 girls. One smiled and waved and I knew Zayn was going to engulf her into a big bear hug wetting her before she even could get half way to the water.

Still running, Shay, I remembered, had dropped her towel and bag and ran away from Zayn laughing. Zayn began laughing and before she got any further he picked her up and swung her around. Placing her down he gave her a big water soaked hug.

"Well isn't that cute?" I said smiling towards the others. Niall was about to speak up when we all heard a shriek and looked towards the other 2 girls. One of which had placed her hand on the the other who had let out the shrill cry.

Shays P.O.V.

I was all wet and smiling at Zayn like an idiot when I heard Jessie and her loud ass scream. I looked down and stepped out of Zayns arms. I started marching over to Jessie when Zayn grabbed my hand,

"I'll be back", I said smiling, smiling back he made his way back to his friends. I continued my march back to Jessie who by now had spun around and blushed profusely.

"Care to explain?" I asked placing my hand on my hip.

"You! Him! And One Direction." Jessie whisper yelled.

"What?" I asked confused. Jessie made an 'O' shape with her mouth and recognition crossed Tynesha's. I turned to see Zayn and his friends smiling at us.

"Hey guys! I'm Shay." I said holding out my hand.

"I'm Louis." The tall one with a really cute smile replied ignoring my hand and hugging me tight.

"Let go before she dies." Zayn laughed. Smiling, Louis stepped back.

"Ello Love I'm Harry...Harry Styles."The curly haired, pretty dimpled guy said. The way he said his name sounded very 007 like. I giggled while he also ignored my hand and hugged me. I gave up on my hand and let it dangle back down to my side.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Liam." A gorgeous, chocolate eyed guy said next, hugging me and kissing my hand. How sweet and gentlemanly. I smiled at him.

"And I'm Niall! We'll be besties, I promise!" A piercing blue eyed Irish guy said rushing up and swinging me around while making me laugh.

"It's a pleasure! Well these are my two gorgeous friends Tynesha and Jessie. Jessie and Tynesha this is Louis, Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn." I finished smiling brightly at Zayn.

"Hey girls!" The boys all said while greeting them with hugs. Tynesha and Niall looked cute standing together and Jessie looked flustered.

"I knew it! Shay why didn't you tell me! It's One Direction!" She whispered into my ear.

"One Direction? What do they have anything to do with now?" I said aloud. The boys all looked at me and then at Zayn and then back to me with realisation on my face. Okay...so I was literally the only one here who didn't understand this dilemma then. Liam nudged Zayn in the side and he grabbed my hand.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Zayn asked, eyes looking at the ground.

"Sure." I beamed feeling those butterflies again from the touch of him. We walked down to shore while the guys and girls talked and got to know each other. Niall was giving Tynesha a sandwich and Jessie was in a full blown conversation with the others. I smiled at my old and new friends. We reach the water and I walked in letting the waves lap at my feet. It was cold at first but my body temperature synced with the sea. The sun illuminated the sky and it was a clear blue sunny day. Zayn stood beside me awkwardly. "You okay?", I asked placing a hand on his arm.

"Yeah. I need to tell you who I am and what I do with One Direction."  he replied taking my hand again and sitting at the waters edge. I sat beside him and felt a chill run through me. Zayn sat closer and I instantly warmed up. "I'm in the band. I sing with them. We auditioned for x factor singly but were formed into a group. Now were on tour." he rushed out. I just stared at him with his head hung low.

"That's great! Congratulations!" I smiled at him squeezing his hand. Zayn looked at me and I felt exposed again but in a good way. He was seeing the real me. I had no make up on and I stayed modest at his honesty. I wasn't about to scream and fangirl because there are thousands of others to do that.

"You don't care?" Zayn replied baffled. I cupped his cheek and giggled.

"I care, sure, but it's no big deal, your career and dream has come true and screaming just isn't a 'me' thing." I replied bursting out into laughter. Zayn smiled and it grew bigger and bigger until he let out his laugh. We calmed down and after a minute of silence I said.

"I can't believe I met you and didn't even know who you were! I thought you were a stylist!" I laughed hiding my blushing cheeks. Zayn pulled my hands away and looked at me intently. The butterflies suddenly felt like hurricanes and I'm sure my palms became sweaty.

"That's okay but I do make a good looking stylist though, right?" he said raising an eyebrow.

I snapped my attention back and nodded while smiling.

"You sure do." I said. We smiled at each other a little longer before standing and heading back towards the group who were in the middle of a debate.

"Tea is better love." Harry argued, grinning at Jessie who only frowned further more.

"Tea has nothing on coffee!" Jessie huffed. I laughed at the two and everyone turned to look at me and Zayn. We sat and grabbed Sammie's and I bit down on mine. Soon my tummy was full and everyone made room to tan.

-------------------------------