Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Shays POV

We stood before a beautiful garden filled different assortments of flowers. Roses bloomed colours of blood red, snow white and a magic like purple. There were also orchids and daffodils, hydrangeas, buddleias and jasmine flowers. They lined a walkway, a perfect garden lane. We continued walking through the beauty of this only to step into another beautiful opening. There a guy stood waiting to take us to our table. Ahead of us lay a wooden table with a rooftop cover, there were stepping stones that was surrounded by water. As we walked across the water steps I watched the little goldfish swimming beneath and around us, we reached the table and sat. Trees surrounded us casting shadows and protection from rain droplets, along with the flowers, the smell of them infusing together made me smile, the little goldfish swimming around us. I felt like I was in paradise,

"Welcome to the Ashmore Garden World", Zayn said smiling nervously at me.

"This place is beautiful! I've lived here for half of my life and I've never seen a more beautiful, magnificent place before! Thank you!", I replied leaning over to hug him. Meaning every word I said. The place was too amazing for words. It was magical, wonderful and it glistened from the rain. I hugged Zayns jacket around me. In a little jar in the middle of the table stood a single flower. The waiter placed menus in front of us and it all sounded delicious. Zayn, being the gentleman that he is, ordered for us both and the waiter took his whispered choice and the menus and walked back leaving us in the most romantic scenery I've seen yet.

I reached over, twining my fingers with his. My other hand rested at the base of my neck, feeling the locket there, holding me together. I smiled at nothing in particular when I heard a snap. Turning my head slightly Zayn took another picture. In his hand he held a Polaroid camera. My favourite kind. The print slid out of the slot in the bottom. Placing both photos in my hands I began fanning them lightly to speed up the print. After 30 second the photo paper went from black to magic and vibrant colours if the flowers, trees and water and focused in the middle of that, I sat smiling, dimples and all, snug looking in his jacket. The second one held the same vibrant colours, only framed the flowers and such at a different angle. Along with me and my slightly turned head, it was like I was entranced in a magic so deep, it was emanating my existence and surroundings.

"It's a gift for you, the girls told me you'd prefer vintage cameras over the newest technology of one", Zayn said placing the Polaroid in front of me.

"Zayn you didn't have too! I live it and thank you but-" my sentence dropped off from him speaking over me,

"I know I know I just thought it'd be nice to capture this moment. Even better I get to spend this moment with my girlfriend", he finished.

It was unbelievable that still his voice and accent could make butterflies storm around inside me.

"Thank you, so much, picture?", I offered holding up the camera. Smiling, I took that as a yes and sat right next to him, angling the camera was harder than it looked but at that moment the waiter came back out with that looked to be peach slice, with sparkling pink lemonade that had a cute little umbrella and half of a lime and lemon. Zayn politely asked the waiter to take the picture. Smiling he took the picture, handing it back he bid farewell and walked away. After 30 more seconds the picture came into view and it was majestic. Zayn and I were smiling but at the last minute we turned to look at each other. We look so focused on each other the intensity of it takes the attention away from all the gorgeous flowers. I loved it.

I looked over the pictures we took after walking downtown to get a coffee. Before we had eaten the best peach slice of my life, I snapped a picture of it with out lemonades with decorations. We walked into the local Zarraffas and the familiar smell of coffee beans blended in with the usual sounds of coffee churners, whipped cream blenders and chatter. I ordered for the both of us, settling with a white chocolate fusion, extra shot of coffee and whipped cream. We grabbed our order and I placed my hand in the curved spot in Zayns hand. From there Zayn took the lead, taking me back to the hotel until our dinner reservations tonight at none other than the Marriott.

I was irrevocably falling, and fast must I add, in love with the boy from the closet, the boy from the beach, my boyfriend whom I had breakfast with, my boyfriend whom I'd be next to in their flight to London tonight, to tour with the guys and grow a stronger love with Zayn.

------------------------