Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Zayns P.O.V.

We all lay down tanning under the sun. Shay was already a glowing bronzed babe and I didn't need much of a tan but as for the others...well, it was looking a little Twilight like, I laughed to myself.

"What's so funny?" Shay asked smiling at me. The dimples in her cheeks made me want chocolate kisses. I don't know why they reminded me of chocolate but they did.

"The fact the others are in dire need of a good tan." I grinned at her. Giggling she patted Niall's cheek softly saying. "It's okay Niall, I love your complexion." Only then to her a chorus of,"What about me's?", from the others.

The girls only laughed and lay back down turning on their stomachs to tan their backs. Shay, after assuring the boys for her love of their complexion also, turned and tanned her back. Resting her head on her arms she settled into a comfortable position and closed her eyes. I couldn't stop staring, she was too mesmerising.

"So mate, did you tell her?" Liam whispered.

"Yeah, she took it extremely well." I whispered back smiling. Liam grinned at me before saying,

"So? Are you going to ask?"

"Ask what?"

"Shay out."

"I want to.." I said looking over at her again, "but we leave soon and then what? Ask her to live with us? Sure!" I finished sarcastically. Liam rolled his eyes,

"Take her out for a date tomorrow before we leave and see what happens from there." Liam suggested before before resting his head down. I sighed and just as I was about to ask Liam something I heard Louis pipe up,

"If you don't ask Shay, Zayn, I will." he said winking over at a now curious Shay.

"Ask me what?" she said grinning, dimples coming out again and making me think of chocolate kisses again. I glared at Louis thinking 'way to put me on the spot'. Louis just smiled cheekily and looked down again.

"Well since Louis was eaves dropping I was going to ask you if you wanted to go on a date. With me. Tomorrow?" I said awkwardly. By now everyone was staring at me and Shay waiting for her reply,

"On one condition." Shay said raising her brow.

"Okay what?" I asked smiling.

"Can we get chocolate kisses because I'm craving those chocolates." she replied laughing and baffling me at the ironic coincidence.

"I can agree on that, Niall?" I looked at Niall as he sat up and reached into the picnic basket we had and pulled out a box of chocolate kisses. Shays eyes lit up,

"You're my favourite person right now!" she said hugging me. Niall gave me the box and I opened them up. I covered shays eyes with my hand asking her to open her mouth. Giggling she obliged and opened her mouth sticking her tongue out. I placed a chocolate kiss in her mouth and she happily savoured the sweet, rich chocolate. Harry began laughing at something Jessie said,

"Shay! Quick you better feed one to Zayn right now." she opened her eyes and looked at me smiling.

"Why?" She asked while I did not like the look on Harry and Jessie's faces.

"Because if you don't Zayn will give you a proper chocolate kiss soon." he laughed poking Jessie in the side. Shay blushed and laughed along whereas I wanted to encase Harry in a tomb of sand.

"Zayn sweetie?" I heard Shay. Next thing I knew I was laying on my back and Liam covered my eyes. I heard unwrapping and then my lips were being parted by something sweet. I could taste the chocolate kisses and then the warm feel of someones lips pressing onto mine. It was just a quick peck and looked up at Shay who sat smiling on top of me.

"That was the best chocolate kiss ever." I said, while leaning up to her face. At first she looked nervous an then after a moments hesitation I kissed her. I heard everyone gasp before speaking again.

"Finally! The sexual tension was killing me!", I'm pretty sure Jessie said that.

"Get a room!"a giggling Tynesha added.

"Yeah mate! Get some!" Harry and Liam bellowed.

"Go easy on my best friend!" Niall threatened jokingly.

"Wife stealer!" Louis joked. I ignored them and just thought of how the kiss felt. Her lips were soft and tasted of chocolate, we kissed slowly and softly, the flames rushing through me lit my heart up and I ran my hand down her back. I was about to pull away when we all heard someone unknown,

"Smile!" a man said and snapped a picture. Shay broke away from me and grabbed her towel. Grabbing her bag she headed towards her car and I called out,

"Shay what's the matter?"

"That's all it was wasn't it? A big publicity scam? Well there you go you've got it and now you can just leave."

"I didn't know! I swear please I promise!"

"Promise is a big word."

"And I keep my promises. Let me take you out and prove it to you." I looked at Shay hopeful. 

"Okay fine. But promise there'll be no cameras."

"I promise to try avoid all cameras." I said pinky promising her. Briefly smiling she came back and sat down. Niall hugged her and then the rest of the boys piled on top.

"Zayn help!" she laughed reaching out her hand. I laughed and pushed the boys who were laughing and picked Shay up bridal style.

"Anything for you my lady." I said sweetly.

"Why thank you." Shay replied. Liam walked over and kissed Shay on the cheek.

"Fair well my lady." he said before smiling evilly. Shay looked at me again and understanding crossed her face.

"No! Zayn please!" she pleaded. I continued my way towards the water while the others laughed. A second later Shay and I were in the sea. I grabbed her hand holding it tightly and pulled Shay closer. 

"You are a wonder of a boy." she said placing a hand on my face. "Duck!" she finished. Grabbing my hand we went under, just missing the giant wave. When we came back up she was laughing and more confidently this time, I held her to me and kissed her.

-------------------------------