Chapter 43

Jade's POV

As the limo pulled up to the house, (I had it pick me up, because I didn't feel comfortable walking home.) I got out and got the stroller out. As I walked in the house, I quickly gave Abby to mum, rushing to my room.

As I turned on my music, I started packing a bag. I got a pair of sweats, a tank top, two sports bras, a few pairs of socks and underwear, some shorts and t shirts, then closed my closet. I had to pack enough for one bag, not heavy enough to be a burden, but enough for me to last a few months back there. I also grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste, starting a toiletry bag. As I throw my brush and makeup in there, mum walks in. "What are you doing?! Why are you packing? Honey, what is going on?" she asks, as soon as she sees the bag sitting at the foot of my bed. I ponder over an answer for a second before I answer. "I have to go back." I say quietly, as I gather more shower supplies. "But why..." mum says, confusion laced through her words. "They have Jason. And Becca is next. Then Abby. I can't let them hurt anyone else. I can't have anyone else get broken. I'm already broken, why not make the pieces smaller?" I say, determination strongly heard in my voice. I wouldn't let anyone else get hurt because of me. I WOULD NOT have anyone get broken on account of ME. It wasn't going to happen. I wasn't going to let it happen. I throw my toiletry bag in my small duffel. I then grab my charger and headphones, putting them in the secret pocket no one knew about. "But, but Jade, you can't go back now. Y-you just got out. Just ne-gotiate with them o-or something. An-ything, but go-ing back! Jade! Yo-u are my baby n-ow. You can't just leave me!" she says, stuttering with defeat clear in her voice. "I have to. I can't let them get anyone else." I zip up my duffel, walking out of the room. I head to the kitchen, grabbing some food that won't spoil. I put that and some water bottles in the secret pocket, that had become handy lately. Mum comes running after me, grabbing my hand to stop my actions. She has tears streaming down her face, as she tried to make me stay. "Hey Tayl-" Dad says as he walks in the kitchen. He's stopped short when he sees the tears on mum's face, and her hand on my arm. "Did I miss something?" he asks, while mum stares at him. "Ed, she's leaving." Mum whispers. "What why?" he asks, rushing over. I take a deep breath while I answer. "They have Jason, with Becca and Abs next. I'm not letting anyone get hurt because of me. I'm not letting them get broken! I HAVE TO GO BACK! I HAVE TO SAVE THEM!" I say, hugging dad, then mum. I then kiss Abby on the head, and walk out of the house. Mum runs after me, screaming. "HOW WILL WE GET YOU BACK?" she asks, running after me. "I have my chip in my ear, and I'm taking my phone. Wait a month after Jason gets back, before you come for me. Otherwise, they will expect it, and you won't win." I tell her. "Remember, I love you. Keep Becca, Jason, and Abigail safe for me okay? Don't come after me for a month okay? Otherwise, it will just be worse for me." I tell her. She nods, as I pull her in for a hug. "Thanks for trying." I whisper into her shoulder. "Trying what?" she whispers back. "For trying to fix me. For trying to give me a normal life. For trying to help me forget." I say, and with that I pull away and hop in the taxi.

****

I walk into the dark park, knowing exactly where to go. I met uncle here, giving him a bag. Little did I know, it held something that I shouldn't have been holding, but regardless, my innocence not even catching anything bad. I come to a stop when I hear the voice. The voice I hadn't heard in person in years.

"So you actually came. I thought I would have to kill that little boyfriend of yours. Too bad you may be too late."

AN: DONT HATE ME! I had to make the story have a twist, so here ya go! Love y'all xoxo :)